Author Topic: Kel-Tec P11  (Read 816 times)

Offline jphelps

• Trade Count: (0)
Kel-Tec P11
« on: May 03, 2005, 09:32:00 AM »
Is this firearm worth a crap? I have only hered bad things about Kel-Tec. Would like to hear some first hand experance. Thanks.

Offline jgalar

Kel-Tec P11
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 09:51:51 AM »
I have never heard anyone who owned one say anything negative about them. I have never had any problems with mine. The trigger pull is long like a double action revolver, but the gun is totally reliable.

Offline greenjeans

• A Real Regular
Kel-Tec P11
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 02:50:12 PM »
I am on my second one. Traded the first one in a weak moment and had another within six months. I can honestly say that I have never had a failure of any kind with either one of them. I have the grip extensions on my mags in order to get three fingers on the grip. They will have some machining marks and the sights are really cheap , but they work every time. I have shot everything from FMJ to rat shot and mine is reliable with all of them. Would buy another one any time. Good shooting.
Romans 8:38,39

Offline tbull55

• Avid Poster
Kel-Tec P11
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »
I really like my P-11.  I bought mine used and have never had a problem with it.  The DAO trigger might take a little getting used to, but I trust it.
Tbull
Duct Tape is like the force!
It has a light side.
It has a dark side.
And it holds the universe together!
:D

Offline jgalar

Kel-Tec P11
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 06:03:35 PM »
The only complaint about the kel-tec is the trigger. But if you think about the gun as a double action snub nosed revolver with high ammo capacity you realize that it is a darn good gun.

Offline Savage

Kel-Tec P11
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 02:47:31 AM »
I've got two of them, plan on keeping them. Need I say more?
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline shooter58

Kel-Tec P11
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 03:29:14 PM »
P11 is my main CCW.  Wouldn't trade it for anything.  Totally dependable.

Offline volshooter

• Contributor
Kel-Tec P11
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 03:43:55 PM »
I've had the .40. 9mm and now the .380. All have been very reliable shooters for the money. Not big on looks or trigger pull but 100% reliable in the cal. I mentioned. There are some problems with the .32 Kel-Tec rim locking. Great back up!. BTW the .40 kicks very hard and is unpleasant to shoot a box through without sore spots.
Rick 8)

Offline iiibbb

• Contributor
Kel-Tec P11
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 04:40:55 PM »
I think it's an ok weapon.  The ones I've seen are a bit jam-happy... but one guy I wasn't too sure how well he took care of it.  Kel Tec has good customer service.

I would consider a Kahr PM or MK 9mm or .40SW in it's place.  Basically identical size... much better reputation.  More $$