Author Topic: 12 gauge Pardner  (Read 536 times)

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
12 gauge Pardner
« on: May 05, 2005, 01:17:27 AM »
Having owned several of these in older forms, when I found this one for 40 dollars in a garage sale I bought it.  In like new condition the extractor was a bit sluggish for the first couple of rounds but noe works just fine. It seems to point a bit high and recoil is sharp but not bad with 7/8 ounch Winchester high velocity dove loads.  I find I really preferred the half cock hammer to the transfer bar for some reason. The modified barrel prints very tight patterns.  I think I will put a slip on butt pad mostly for the length of pull but otherwise leave it as is.  Wi;; this frame accept 20 gauge barrels?
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
12 gauge Pardner
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 02:55:32 AM »
Congrats on your new gun.

Here is what the H&R website says about additional barrels.

Additional barrels may be added to firearms of our manufacture since 1987 only, with a serial number that begins with N or H. We do not install additional barrels on any other manufacturerÂ’s firearms.
 Additional barrels are available as additional barrels only. We will not exchange barrels for existing barrels on shotguns and rifles, as it will change the model.
 Rifle frames may be fitted with additional rifle, shotgun, and muzzleloader barrels.
 Shotgun frames may be fitted with additional shotgun and muzzleloader barrels only.

hope this helps
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)