Author Topic: fishing outfitters - good and bad  (Read 758 times)

Offline tomsbass

• Trade Count: (0)
fishing outfitters - good and bad
« on: May 08, 2005, 09:12:42 AM »
Here are some fishing outfitters that I have used, and what I thought of them.  The good: Rick Gebhardt's Catfish Adventures, Glasgow, Missouri. Rick is a great guide and a great guy who runs day trips for catfish on the Missouri River in central MO. He has good equipment and knows the river. He will definitely put you on some cats. He's not cheap, but really good services seldom are. He will soon be featured on ESPN Outdoors. I have been with him twice, and I will probably go again. The bad: Alaska Dream Lodge, Aniak, Alaska. The guy who runs the place moved there from Sacramento, CA a few years ago-to get out of the ratrace, not because he dreamed of running a fishing lodge, and it shows. He has a very good facility and some very good fishing, but he acts like he would really rather be doing something else. He casts a very suspicious eye on his clients, as if they are criminals on probation rather than paying customers. With no shortage of Alaskan lodges to choose from, I would avoid this place.

Offline John

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
fishing outfitters - good and bad
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 10:43:43 AM »
I'm in the process of starting a fish guide service here in NE Oklahoma....I hope to be a good one.

I will specialize in early spring white bass, and drifting for blue and channel cats in mid to late summer, but I can fish for about anything that swims in this area.

Right now I'm searching for some liability insurance, and as soon as I get a policy look for Ol' Slick's in NE Oklahoma.
Hey, hold my beer and watch this.