Author Topic: MORE HELP NEEDED  (Read 356 times)

Offline missed_shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
MORE HELP NEEDED
« on: May 16, 2005, 01:56:01 PM »
When I tried to seat the bullets on my 38/55 cases, a ridge developes. It's at the base of the bullet and follows the bullet as it moves down the case. My friend suggested seating the bullet slower. I slowed down to a snails pase and still has the ridge. I load 45/70 and 38 special cases with no trouble. I don't know if the bullet diameter is too large or what is going on. I have lead Meister bullets that are .380 diameter . The loaded cases won't  chamber in my Target Model H&R. This caliber has been very challenging to say the least. Any help would be GREATLY  appreciated. I'm pretty disgusted right now. A new gun and not able to reload is frustrating. Thanks to those who can help. :(  :cry:  :cry:  :(
DONUTS - IS THERE ANYTHING THEY CAN'T DO ??- HOMER SIMPSON

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
MORE HELP NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 02:09:14 PM »
If you use the search function near the top of the page for 38-55 looking just in the NEF/H&R Centerfire forum from the drop down, you'll get a bunch of helpful threads, there are lot here that have had problems loading their 38-55s, so don't feel alone.... :wink:

Here's one of the good ones!

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=57383&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=3855
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain