Author Topic: Burris Scope  (Read 481 times)

Offline muzzleblast525

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Burris Scope
« on: May 11, 2005, 05:46:49 AM »
Looking to get another scope, and was thinking of the Burris.  I've not heard much about the Burris until about 3 months ago, and wanted to know what others, that have used Burris, have to say about these scopes.  Looking to put it on my Encore .243..... :sniper:

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Burris Scope
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 09:01:39 AM »
I have 2 Burris Black Diamonds, and while they are good scopes, I am not thrilled about them.  This particular model has a 30mm tube, is very heavy, and very long.  I have the 4x-16x-50mm and the 3x-12x-50mm.  I believe that Beretta purchased Burris within the last year or so, but I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  It seems that ever since Beretta purchased Sako and Tikka, people have been complaining about their customer service.

Everyone knows that I am an Elite 4200 and Nikon Monarch fan and those are the two that I generally recommend.  I have purchased quite a few of each scope from Jon at the Optic Zone and have been very happy with both the scopes and the Optic Zone's prices and service.

Zachary

Offline blittle2003

Burris Scope
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 09:20:26 AM »
I have two Burris Fullfield 2 scopes.  Both are 3-9 with a 40mm objective.  For scopes at the $200 level, I don't think there is a better buy available.
 They have excellent clarity and light gathering.  I compared them side by side with a Leupold VX-1, and the Burris won out.  I don't know about what kind of shooting you will be doing, but for a general deer hunting scope, they work great.  I would have no hesitations about buying another Burris.

Offline Grubbs

• Contributor
Burris Scope
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 10:32:53 PM »
I agree with Zachary....the Elite 4200 is excellent, as is the Monarch.  The FFII is a great value and a pretty darn good scope.  The Burris Signature is also very, very good (better that VXIII in my opinion).  I'm not a fan of the Black Diamond either.  I'm not a fan of any 30mm tube or big objective lens scopes for that matter.