Author Topic: dessert eagle 45  (Read 408 times)

Offline rider

• Trade Count: (0)
dessert eagle 45
« on: May 16, 2005, 12:13:57 PM »
Anyone own one and how do they shoot.  Saw them at a local shop.  Baby 45 for 420.  Seems like a good price.

Offline Patriot_1776

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
dessert eagle 45
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 01:42:31 PM »
I had one, the Baby Eagle Compact Model chamberd for 9mm.  It has pretty good accuracy and quality for its price.  Although, being I got the Compact Model (3.5in. barrel, and a short grip) it didn't feel quite right in my hand(s).  I do have hands on the somewhat large side, but I think it has more to do with the shape of the grip more than its size.  If you go with the all metal, not the polymer, it will be a little hefty.  The 9mm Compact w/o an emtpy mag was around 2lbs.  But either way, I'd say they are all really good for plinking and average range personal protection, but I wouldn't try to win any matches with it.  

I didn't work up any loads to check for accuracy, so I wouldn't know the full potential that can be gained from these pistols.  With the proper load the pistol likes, it could turn out surprisingly accurate.  Altogether it is a fine pistol, as well as one of many great "starters" for those first-time buyers out there; especially those who aren't sure they want to invest a lot of money into a pistol.  But I would always suggest that the gun is able to be held before it is purchased, as it allows for the potential buyer a chance for a closer inspection of the firearm, and one is able to see overall how it points, how comfortable it is, etc.  

Hope this helps.

:D
-Patriot
-Patriot