Author Topic: Why are we seeing deer in the middle of the day?  (Read 669 times)

Offline dougk

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Driftwood TEXAS
Why are we seeing deer in the middle of the day?
« on: June 17, 2005, 11:08:04 AM »
here in Texas I have been seeing deer in the middle of the day.  The temperatures are close to 95 degrees.  Does anyone know why these deer are out grazing during the day light hours?
Thanks,
Doug

Offline jhm

Why are we seeing deer in the middle of the
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 02:08:16 PM »
Because its not HUNTING season, and I would guess that because the does have their fawns now and need the extra nurishment for them, but the closer to hunting season we get the less you will see of them. :D   JIM

Offline PEPAW

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 06:39:29 AM »
I'll also guess is because that poor old doe is trying to nurse during our worst time of year in TX.    The hot summers kill more than the winters down here.
Secondary, it is probably just aS cool grazing as it is lying down.  

FYI out of staters, Houston has had only .005 inches of rain this month.    Won't be another antler season like last year when abundant rainfall fell throughout the year.

pepaw

Offline camsdaddy

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 03:38:26 PM »
I have been seeing alot of deer mid day here in south Ga. My brother in law was commenting on how many he had seen cutting wheat. He says he always sees them in the wheat but this year there seems to be more lil ones.

Offline wijim

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 06:24:38 AM »
i know after the mosquito, deer fly n horsefly hatch here (wis) they come out in the day to escape bugs.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 11:34:23 AM »
I am a firm believer in the effects of the moon phases on deer activities. You might want to check the calendar the deer will usually feed more during the daylight hours around the new moon. Regards, Byron
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 09:28:45 PM »
:cb2: I agree with jhm—it ain't huntin' season. My wife and I have been seeing them all Summer. Come November, they'll be like hair on a frog.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."