Author Topic: Bushnell Legend?  (Read 478 times)

Offline jason280

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
Bushnell Legend?
« on: May 28, 2005, 01:48:25 PM »
I am considering a Bushnell Legend 2-7 or 3-9x scope for my Contender carbine in 7mm TCU.  I've noticed the light transmission is around 91-92%, similar to the newer Nikon Buckmasters scope.  

Is there a better scope for the money?  What are the pros/cons of this particular scope?  

Thanks!
"Hey Peter, check out Channel 9!!"

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell Legend?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 01:58:51 PM »
Isn't it odd that the Legend has about 92% light transmission and the Elite 3200 has about 88% light transmission, yet the Elite 3200 costs noticeably more?

I think that's because not only does the Elite 3200 have rainguard, but, perhaps more importantly, the Elite 3200 has a ONE-piece tube, whereas the Legend (I believe) has a cheaper TWO-piece tube.  Also, the Elite 3200 has been tested to about 1,000 or so recoil cycles equivalent to a .375H&H Mag (I think the Elite 4200 is about 5,000 or 10,000).  Also, the Elite 3200 comes with a lifetime warranty.  I don't think that Legend comes with that kind of warranty.

As for the Buckmaster, it does have 92% and a one-piece tube and is, in my opinion, a much better scope than the Legend.

Zachary

Offline bluebayou

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell Legend?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 04:36:24 PM »
Go to big store and look through them.  I may not be the most experienced person around but.... I have underbought a scope (Simmons ATV that is "good enough" but that is it) and overbought a scope (Leupold that is NOT worth $350).  My personal opinion is that the Elite 3200 is the best value out there for $200.  The Legend is the best for under $150.  Respectfully,one piece, two piece, three piece?  When was that last time that you talked to someone who broke the body of a scope?  Did he use it as a wrench to turn in the Redfield rings?  As long as it holds the nitrogen and the lenses together, who cares?

What it all boils down to is looking through it.  I special ordered the Leupold because everyone swore that it was the best...well, it isn't.  Can you afford the $200 for the Elite?  There is nothing wrong with not having enough money.  HHHMMM, I am really getting worked up here.  This Leupold thing is really hacking me off, sorry to get off the topic.

Go look through some scopes.

Offline jason280

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
Bushnell Legend?
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 08:06:16 AM »
Well, the problem is no one carries the Legend where I live, so I would have a difficult time trying one out.   I've actually owned two of the Elite 3200's, one was a 3-9 and the other was a fixed 10x mil-dot. I liked the 10x OK, but I was really never impressed with the 3-9x 3200.

Also, recoil will not be an issue, as its going on a 7mm TCU carbine.  

Has anyone had any negative experiences with the Legend line of scopes?
"Hey Peter, check out Channel 9!!"