Author Topic: Went to the "moving" Vietnam wall today!  (Read 507 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
Went to the "moving" Vietnam wall today!
« on: May 08, 2005, 03:54:42 PM »
The moving Vietnam wall was at the New York State Fair this weekend. My wife and I went. I asked my dad if he wanted to go and he wouldn't. My dad was in Vietnam with A co., 554th eng. batt., 25th Infantry Division from 3-'67 to 3-68 in the Tay Ninh Province. He went to the real wall in D.C. a few years ago and it tore him up real bad! I just wanted to let OUR Vietnam Vets out there know that my wife and I were think of you today, and thank you for all you (and your families) had to sacrifice over there and when you came home too!
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline bullet maker

• A Real Regular
Went to the "moving" Vietnam wall
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 01:48:14 AM »
Thank you New York Hunter :D

bullet maker :D
2nd Battlion 24th infantry Division
Sept, 1967
I like to make bullets, handload, shooting of all types, hunting, fishing, taking pictures, reading, grandchildren, 4 wheeling, eating out often.

Offline NYH1

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 02:47:37 PM »
Quote from: bullet maker
Thank you New York Hunter :D

bullet maker :D
2nd Battlion 24th infantry Division
Sept, 1967

bullet maker, No......thank you! :D
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 06:53:57 AM »
I hope the one at the state fairgrounds was at least ABOVE GROUND..

Sorry; but I view the one in DC being below ground level as a subconscious statement by some that somehow, for some reason, the VN vets were to be "kept out of sight"..and I don't like that attitude..

BTW..NYHunter..Aug 27 & 28....try to make the State Fair again....

If you do, step up and introduce yourself...there's usually a big crowd in attendance..

Hope to see you there; ... Ironglow
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline NYH1

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 10:53:18 AM »
Quote from: ironglow
I hope the one at the state fairgrounds was at least ABOVE GROUND..

Sorry; but I view the one in DC being below ground level as a subconscious statement by some that somehow, for some reason, the VN vets were to be "kept out of sight"..and I don't like that attitude.

Yes it was above ground. I never heard that said about the wall in D.C. I haven't been there yet, I might try to get down there this summer!

Quote from: ironglow
BTW..NYHunter..Aug 27 & 28....try to make the State Fair again....

If you do, step up and introduce yourself...there's usually a big crowd in attendance..

Hope to see you there; ... Ironglow
I'm on vacation Aug. 29th through Sept. 4th which means I'll have the weekend of Aug. 27th & 28th off if I want. Hopefully I'll get to meet up with you this year! :D