Author Topic: Bushnell Legend or Nikon Pro Staff or ???  (Read 655 times)

Offline MI.sabot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Bushnell Legend or Nikon Pro Staff or ???
« on: May 20, 2005, 05:34:24 PM »
I want to pick up a 2x7 power shotgun scope but want to keep the price at around $150.

A couple scopes that were suggested to me were the:
...Bushnell Legend and the Nikon Pro Staff.

Looking for:
...opinions or experiences that anyone has had with either of these
...what technically may make one better than the other, or
...suggestions on any other scopes in the $150 price range.

Thanks.
H&R Ultra Slug Hunter (12 ga.)
NEF SS Sidekick Muzzleloader (50 cal.)
Remington 870 Express (12 ga.)
Stevens 311-H SxS (20 ga.)
CZ 452 American (22lr)

Offline Zachary

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 01:47:32 AM »
I honestly know nothing about the pro-staff, and very little about the Legend.  What I do know about the Legend is that it has pretty good optics with 92% light transmission.  However, I think that the Legend is a two-piece tubed scope - not one piece - and that will turn me off of a scope every time as one piece tubed scopes are stronger than 2 piece.

For around $150, take a look at the Nikon Buckmaster (which now also has 92% light transmission) and the Elite 3200 (which has about 88% - which is still good)  These scopes may be a tad bit more than $150, but certainly under $200, and I think that the extra $25 or so would be WELL WORTH IT!

Zachary

Offline Zachary

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 01:53:18 AM »
I just went to the optic zone website (where I buy all of my scopes) and the prices are very close to what I thought and, in one case, actually lower.

They list the Elite 3200 3x-9x-40mm for just $174, and the Nikon Buckmaster for only $149.  These are incredible values.

Zachary

Offline cma g21

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 02:21:13 AM »
You might also want to look at the Mueller Multi Shot 2-7x32. I really like mine.

The Optic Zone has them for $129.95.

Offline jason280

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 02:29:53 PM »
Here's my two cents.  I've owned two of the Buckmasters scopes, one of the Prostaffs, and two of the Elite 3200's.  How many do I still own?  None.  The only one that ever impressed me in the little was the 10x Elite 3200, which had the mil-dot reticle.  I sold it, too!

I really wanted to like these scopes, but I could never really tell any discernable differences between them and cheaper Tasco/Simmons scopes.   Now, I've owned Elite 4200's and Monarchs, which are far and away better scopes.  But the middle road Nikons or Bushnells never really blew my skirt up.

I do like the Leupold Rifleman scopes, though!!  I think you can get a Rifleman 2-7x for around $170, which I can consider a much better scope.
"Hey Peter, check out Channel 9!!"