Author Topic: South Bend Replica  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
South Bend Replica
« on: June 18, 2011, 04:49:02 AM »
I was supposed to post this a couple of days ago and got distracted.

There is a rumor floating around that with the death of  J.P. Barnett, SBR has gone out of busines

I called South  Bend Replicas and talked to Jim Olsen and he said  SBR is very much up and running and he welcomes our business.  Check out the website.  http://www.southbendreplicas.com/

Offline Artilleryman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: South Bend Replica
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 08:25:23 AM »
Good to know.
Norm Gibson, 1st SC Vol., ACWSA

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 08:28:31 AM »
It's good to kill those rumors with fact!

I heard ....

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 08:45:56 AM »
I think it would be a good idea for them to update their website with some new material.  For starters, they could acknowledge the passing of Mr. Barnett (a caption beneath his photo if they want to keep that on the home page, J. P. Barnett, 1941-2011, with the correct values of course.)  And then add some pages showing the new owners and staff at work on current products.

This would demonstrate that there is still life in the company whereas the old website unchanged implies no one is keeping it up.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline gunsonwheels

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 09:23:09 AM »
Not sure if most folks on the board know about Paul Barnett and the "Omnibus Crime Control Act of 1970" which stripped all large bore shooters of adequate powder and almost shut down all re-inactments.  He provided the leadership for the introduction and passage of Senate Bill 1096 which raised the 5# posess/buy limit to the more reasonable 50#.  I first got to know him when he was in the middle of that effort.

Paul's legacy lives on and is felt everytime a larger scale shooter makes a powder buy.   God bless you Paul and I'll bet DD's wife has thanked you personally by now.  I believe Jim has his hands full living up to Paul's legacy and reputation and I wish him the best at being successful to that end. 

GOW

Offline gulfcoastblackpowder

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 06:23:52 PM »
Very good to know!  I haven't been a customer of theirs yet, but I have drooled over some of their guns, and should the money become available, it's nice to know they're still open for business.