Author Topic: NAA revolvers?  (Read 1075 times)

Offline spurgon

• Trade Count: (0)
NAA revolvers?
« on: January 22, 2006, 09:57:26 AM »
Does anyone use one of the NAA .22 Mag mini revolvers? I know it's below par for self defense but I;d like to know who likes them or not.
spurgon

Offline Savage

NAA revolvers?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 11:31:44 AM »
Well built little revolvers. I have had a couple of them and shot them quite a bit. It wouldn't be my choice for carry unless it's all I had. The small autos like the Secamp, Kel tec, and NAA are better choices for me.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
NAA revolvers?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 05:35:11 PM »
I carry one 24/7. I have the one that is on the clip holster that sits on the top of the pocket. It works good in the summer when you are wearing shorts and a light shirt. But I always have a bigger gun very close by. The 22 Mag may be small but it packs a punch.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline RollTide

• Contributor
NAA revolvers?
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 03:56:12 PM »
have one love it and have carried it a lot when nothing larger was practical.  I do agree with Savage and I have carried the 22 mag very little since I got my NAA guardian in 32 acp.  But I still will not get rid of the little 22 mag.  It is still a great little piece.

Roll Tide

Offline RollTide

• Contributor
NAA revolvers?
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 03:56:13 PM »
accidental double post, sorry

Offline Ghostrider_23

have one too
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 07:19:11 AM »
I have a 22lr and love it. I bought the belt buckle frme inwhich the revolver goes into and now carry it all the time. Very accurate at 10 feet. I chose the 22lr instead of the 22 mag but use cci gold dot which gives the power of the 22 mag in 22 lr form

Offline jim530

22 mag
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 02:43:44 PM »
I love my Black Widow 22mag 4". Carry it more than anything else, suprising accurate.

Offline rockbilly

NAA revolvers?
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 06:02:25 PM »
:D Ther little gun is alright to play with, but for carry I would consider something larger.  There are a number of small autos and revolvers that range from .38 up, that in my opinion, would make a much better carry gun and some are not much larger than the NAA.

Bottom line, if I get caught in a gun fight I want a real gun. :roll:

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
NAA revolvers?
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 01:09:18 AM »
Quote from: rockbilly
:D Ther little gun is alright to play with, but for carry I would consider something larger.  There are a number of small autos and revolvers that range from .38 up, that in my opinion, would make a much better carry gun and some are not much larger than the NAA.

Bottom line, if I get caught in a gun fight I want a real gun. :roll:

The NAA is a fine carry gun, but you are looking at the size as if it were a toy, I bet you would not want to be shot with one. Do you have any idea how many people die from being shot with a  22 cal ?  Sure there is always bigger and better, but sometimes they are not practical. When I go out with shorts and a tee shirt, kind of hard to conceal my Colt Defender in 45ACP. Just for you future knowledge the NAA is a "real gun".
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Savage

NAA revolvers?
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 02:27:43 AM »
Redhawk,
Don't think rockbilly was questioning the lethality of the .22. And the NAAs are for sure, a real gun! The point I got from the post was that there are handguns available in about the size/ weight range of the NAAs in larger calibers, and higher capacaties, that carry just as easily. I agree with that.
Savage

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
NAA revolvers?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 03:42:41 AM »
Quote from: Savage
Redhawk,
Don't think rockbilly was questioning the lethality of the .22. And the NAAs are for sure, a real gun! The point I got from the post was that there are handguns available in about the size/ weight range of the NAAs in larger calibers, and higher capacaties, that carry just as easily. I agree with that.
Savage

Yea there are some guns that come close, but his last statement is what I was talking about.

"Bottom line, if I get caught in a gun fight I want a real gun. :roll:  "
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Savage

NAA revolvers?
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 05:41:30 AM »
Redhawk,
Missed that line! That's what I get for speed reading. I carrried a mini for a while in .22 mag. It made me feel better. No handgun would be my first choice for a gunfight, but any gun would be better than harsh words. I find that as I grow older the mouse guns get a lot of solo carry time, especially in the summer, which is about 9mos out of the year here!
Savage

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
NAA revolvers?
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 07:21:18 AM »
Savage, I always have something bigger close by.  :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline rockbilly

NAA revolvers?
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2006, 07:54:47 AM »
:D Redhawk1.  First, I own three of the "little" guns, as I said, they are nice to play with, but if my bunns are on the line I want something larger.

I have no idea what your background and experience are in reguards to firearms use against a human, but based on my experience I know the .22 is not a quality person stopper.  I agree, lots of people have been killed with this cailber, but how many have been shot and continued to fight?  In 1988, a shoot out between two bank robbers and 9 FBI agents near Miami, Fla resulted in two FBI agents being killed and several others shot by a gunman who had been hit 18 time in the upper chest with 9mm and .38 caliber guns.  The point is, non are fool proof, but chances are, had the FBI been using a .22 caliber class weapon, all would be dead.

If you feel safe with the .22, go for it, but as I said, if I am ever again involved in a gun fight I want a weapon that will stop an individual with a shot to the upper body.  Therefore, as a minimum, I prefer at least a .357.  I have been guilt of packing a smaller gun, and may do so in the future on special occassions, but it is not my gun of choice. :wink:

Offline Savage

NAA revolvers?
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2006, 07:59:40 AM »
Redhawk,
Know what you mean! I always have something larger close by. If I can just getum off me long enough to get to the car----------------------------- :eek:
Savage

Offline rockbilly

NAA revolvers?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 11:57:32 AM »
:D I know what you mean about something larger near by..........my Mossbwerg with 8 rounds of 00 buck is behind the seat in the pick-up.  If I have to go there it is SHTF time. :roll:

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
NAA revolvers?
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 05:08:07 PM »
My wife always asks me why I have guns in different places. I always want to have something close by.  :D

rockbilly,
you are right, it is nice to have something bigger, but like I said, sometimes it is just not doable. I would love to carry my 45ACP all the time.  :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA