Author Topic: Used Charles Daly - any good?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline helobill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Used Charles Daly - any good?
« on: February 21, 2003, 09:14:00 AM »
Got an offer to buy a used 4x32 Charles Daly scope that was on a 22 for $50. Looks good, nice stainless tube, no ring marks, optics look good. But I know nothing about these scopes other than the Daly website says they don't handle them since being taken over by KBI Inc., so if you have a problem contact a local optics shop (so if it breaks, I'll trash it). How do they perform with a harder recoiling firearm. I'm thinking my Ruger SRH in 44 mag or Contender in .30 Bellm or 7-30 waters.
Thanks,
Helicopter Bill

Offline Zachary

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 10:35:12 AM »
If you mount that scope on a .44 and it holds up, then I would be greatly surprised.

These scopes, as you correctly stated, are no longer made.  As such, it would be a waste for your to "invest" (or rather WASTE) $50 on it.

If money is a significant issue (and I think it is given that you only want to spend $50) save your money and try and get a used Leupold, Bushnell Elite, Nikon, or Burris handgun scope.

Zachary

Offline helobill

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 05:23:39 PM »
Nope not really an issue, just thought if it was any good I'd pick it up. Guy's just looking to liquidate some assets and I'd never heard of these scopes before. Thanks for the feedback, think I'll pass.
Helicopter Bill