Author Topic: 17 mach iv  (Read 816 times)

Offline TCAS

• Trade Count: (0)
17 mach iv
« on: May 08, 2005, 01:28:27 PM »
Anyone have any load data for reloader 10x  and the 17 mach iv .  I have the Todd Kindler book but no metion of 10x.  also need a load to fire form the cases, all other case work is complete.

TC

Offline roper

• A Real Regular
17 mach iv
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 02:01:31 PM »
I use H-335 with a 25 gr bullet.  I used 221 brass so didn't worry about a fire form load.  Might want to give Todd a call and ask about 10x.

Offline zrifleman

• Avid Poster
17 mach iv
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 07:09:11 PM »
When you use 221 fireball brass for 17 mach IV do you neck ream it? Can the brass be formed by running it thru the full length sizer die? I'm looking for info on this round--any tips from you guys that have experience with making the cartridges or building the rifle??

Offline roper

• A Real Regular
17 mach iv
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 12:51:06 AM »
Quote from: zrifleman
When you use 221 fireball brass for 17 mach IV do you neck ream it? Can the brass be formed by running it thru the full length sizer die? I'm looking for info on this round--any tips from you guys that have experience with making the cartridges or building the rifle??

I neck ream after the first firing and use a form die first then a Neil Jones shoulder bushing die allows me to set the neck tension better.  Alot less money is a Redding body die and type S FL die.  I cann't honestly answere your question on using a FL die to size as I don't own one.