Author Topic: Any Oregon hunters here?  (Read 316 times)

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
Any Oregon hunters here?
« on: June 11, 2005, 08:54:32 PM »
Wife an I looking at Medford as a potential (still looking) retirement area.

Looked a F&G web site and hunting laws look pretty decent.  How's the res of life in Oregon.  City stats look good too.

Gun laws?  Looks like a right-to-carry state.  Any weird gun laws like CA?

Be honest and frank please.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline Robert

• Trade Count: (0)
Any Oregon hunters here?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 07:29:55 AM »
Hood River here, checking in.  Oregon is one of the best hunting, fishing hiking, skiing, windsurfing etc states in the country.  Most of the population is packed into small areas...but there are wilderness areas in Oregon where you could spend weeks without bumping into another human.  Where I live, I can go from Snow on the mountain to Winsurfing on the river in an hour, drive out to the coast in 2&1/2 hours, 1 hour to Portland, or 20 minutes to the desert or rolling hills of wheat stretching as far as the eye can see.  Fantastic Brew-Pubs in nearly every town, and lots of great people.  (I like Oregon, could you tell?)  If you need any info, just let me know, I would be happy to help.
....make it count

Offline kufford

Any Oregon hunters here?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 08:13:56 AM »
Robert...

White Salmon here. Nice to see someone so close!

Offline Nuttinbutchunks

• Contributor
Any Oregon hunters here?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 10:25:13 AM »
Oregon is pretty for sure. But you might also look at Utah. I moved to Utah county from the People's Republic of Kalifornia, and I feel like I've been let out of a cage. Definately a right to carry, and I will be getting my CCW shortly. If you live in Cali, you can sell your home regardless where you live and buy one outright here with some $$ to spare.

There are fishing lakes all over the place here. I know of some places to go for hunting, but am still getting used to the area, and have a trip planned next week. Good luck, and if you want any more info on Utah, let me know. :D
Ohhhh, I hate when that happens :eek:

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
Any Oregon hunters here?
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 01:13:49 PM »
Robert
Thanks for the feedback.  Where is Hood river in relation to Medford?  How's the humidity?  Must admit I have gotten used to dry air here.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!