Author Topic: montana open carry  (Read 826 times)

Offline wis_sharpshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
montana open carry
« on: June 03, 2005, 01:17:37 PM »
I will be going to montana in a week and i know they have an open carry law but could someone clear it up for me like where can i wear a handgun stuff like that.
Hail Marry Full of Grace Drop This Animal on its Face

Offline oso45-70

Handgun General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 08:25:53 AM »
Sharpshooter

You might go to the web page for Montana and look for their hand gun carry laws. I'm not sure what their laws are........Joe............
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain

Offline AZ223

• Contributor
montana open carry
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 04:15:42 PM »
www.packing.org is also a good place to start; they usually have links to various states' laws. Good luck!
Life was so much simpler when I thought I knew everything...

Offline Old Griz

montana open carry
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 09:06:37 PM »
:cb2: One of my local dealers went hunting in some western state and it allowed for open carry. He showed me a picture of him sitting at a public place with his 44 mag. hanging on his hip. Didn't think too much of it as first, but then he told me to look closely at where he was. He was in a bar! That state has a law that says if you have a firearm in a place that serves alcoholic beverages you have to have your weapon in plain sight—not concealed! Cudda blown me over with a feather! Here we can't even carry concealed in resturant that serves alcohol, let alone open in a bar! Wish I could remember what state that was. Might just have to move there. (Ah, for their gun laws, not for the bars . . .  :shock: )
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Camel 23

• Contributor
montana open carry
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 12:58:03 AM »
Old Griz,
I know Virginia has that law, not sure of any other states.

No person shall carry a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in § 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia, nothing herein shall prohibit any owner or event sponsor or his employees from carrying a concealed handgun while on duty at such restaurant or club if such person has a concealed handgun permit. NOTE: only concealed handguns are prohibited - openly carried handguns are allowed

Offline Old Griz

montana open carry
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 06:41:25 PM »
:cb2: We had a bill in our state assembly to allow those with a handgun license to be able to carry in any and all resturants. However, about six of the bills sponsers voted against it at the last minute, and five or six sponsers refused to vote, and so we lost (again).
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline oso45-70

Handgun Hunting Discussion
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 07:17:44 PM »
OLD GRIZ, I need you to send another message i lost that one.

joeybice@yahoo.com
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain

Offline mikedb

• Contributor
packing.org
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 02:20:00 AM »
go to packing.org and check Montana.  When I worked there sveral years ago open carry was ok.  You might get a few stares in towns.  I believe concealed carry is legal without a permit if you are in an area of outdoor recreation.  In other words cant carry concealed without a permit in towns, logging camps or mining camps.  Montana honors a bunch of out of state permits.  Check the aforementioned website to be sure.  I sure miss the west.  Hopefully in a few more years I will be back.

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
    • http://www.ranger.org/
montana open carry
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 06:01:22 AM »
It is the same here in Wyoming.  I personally have a concealed carry permit, but I beleive we just passed a law into effect that allows people to carry concealed without a permit.  We have been able to open carry here forever, and yes, moving up here it was strange at first to see someone openly carrying.   :lol:

SAW
Nosce Hostem
"Birds of Prey" 743rd MI BN
Proud Freemason-Chugwater Lodge No. 23