Author Topic: The Ultra Suprised me!  (Read 616 times)

Offline De41mag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • De41mag@aol.com
The Ultra Suprised me!
« on: June 10, 2005, 03:55:19 PM »
Yup, the 223 ultra with synthetic stocks really did great on the PD shoot out in Oklahoma. Most of my shooting was done with the single shot. As a matter of fact I honestly can say that a one point, my barrel got so hot that you could not touch it. When I noticed it was when my shots were going way right. I was thinking, what is going on here, then I reached up and just lightly touched the barrel. Holy S*#t,That's Hot! I let it cool while shooting the AR Varmiter and the Rem. Model 7FS.
But as far as accuracy, it was right in there. Also the Ultra had a 2.8X10X44 Aetech scope on it. The most magnifacation of the other rifles.
The little rifle done me proud.

Dennis  :D

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
The Ultra Suprised me!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 05:10:22 PM »
I got to agree with ol Dennis the 223 ulta was one of my main go to gun and did make me proud as did the 243 ulta and the 22 hornet. The hornet became my close up gun It keep them from rushing me. :lol:
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline Nuttinbutchunks

• Contributor
The Ultra Suprised me!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 05:37:08 PM »
I had my Handi fitted with a Ultra barrel. It rocks, and I wouldn't hesitate to take it anywhere. Good shooting there, and I hope this will be a tradition. I hope to go next year.
Ohhhh, I hate when that happens :eek:

Offline Norseman112

• A Real Regular
The Ultra Suprised me!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 05:47:42 PM »
De41mag,

Its nice to hear what good sucess you had with your Handi's on  PD's. I havn't shot any varmints yet cause I am fairly new with handi rifles. I do go to the range at least once a week shooting at paper and both my .223 ultra and 243 shoot pretty good. I am going to make the next pd shoot though. It sounds like it was a good time.

Norse

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
The Ultra Suprised me!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 03:49:41 AM »
Add my name to that wish list of being there. Sounds great. There is nothing like taking time off, and just go shooting.

Offline GrampaMike

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
The Ultra Suprised me!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 05:33:34 AM »
Have to agree with Dennis.  I only used 223 Ultra with 8.5x-25x Mueller scope (by the way, that is one fine scope) and 17 HMR Sportster with 6x-24x Bushnell (too much scope for the gun, but it was all I had at the last minute to put on it).  It showed how good the shooting was when you have 2 heavy barrelled single-shots that the barrels are too hot to shoot.  Going to add the 243 Ultra, 204 Ruger and 22 Hornet to my little collection.
Grampa Mike
U.S. Army Retired

"Say what you mean, mean what you say"
Father of 2 GREAT sons, and 9 grandchildren.