Author Topic: Sigma question  (Read 423 times)

Offline beemanbeme

• Trade Count: (0)
Sigma question
« on: June 20, 2005, 08:31:33 AM »
A neighbor wants to know how to safely unload his .40 S&W Sigma, including the round in the chamber.  He has had the pistol for a couple of years and sez he can only totally unload it by firing the round that's in the chamber.  Since I am not a pistolero, my best answer was "duh" but I told him I would check with you folks.
Thanks in advance
John

Offline Castaway

• Trade Count: (0)
Sigma question
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 08:48:06 AM »
Sounds strange to me, but drop the magazine, rack the slide fully back with authority, look for an extracted round, then check and double check the chamber to be sure it's empty.  If still loaded, take it to the local shop as there is a problem with his extractor or possilby a weak recoil spring not allowing it to fully engage the loaded cartrige when recovering from recoil.  Don't think that's the problem if he can still shoot the bullet launcher though.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Sigma question
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 10:22:18 AM »
Quote from: Castaway
Sounds strange to me, but drop the magazine, rack the slide fully back with authority, look for an extracted round, then check and double check the chamber to be sure it's empty.  If still loaded, take it to the local shop as there is a problem with his extractor or possilby a weak recoil spring not allowing it to fully engage the loaded cartrige when recovering from recoil.  Don't think that's the problem if he can still shoot the bullet launcher though.

I have to agree with it sounds strange to me also. I have a Sigma and I do just as Castaway said. I drop the mag and rack the slide back and the round in the chamber comes out.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA