Author Topic: Mountain Lion Hunting in North Dakota  (Read 610 times)

Offline DakotaMike

• Trade Count: (0)
Mountain Lion Hunting in North Dakota
« on: August 10, 2005, 01:18:54 PM »
The Fish & Game announced they will allow five mountain lions to be taken this year in North Dakota. The rules are not out yet but the rumors are dogs and calls will be legal to use. As soon as five are killed the season closes. We've had a lot of problems up here with lions the last three years with calves and sheep being killed and a number of horses attacked in pens. On four occasions people have reported bbeingf stalked by lions, one bow hunter from Fargo shot a lion when it closed to within thirty-five feet. Most of the lion sightings have occured here in western and central North Dakota concentrating in the Killdeer Mountains and the western bad lands. After two mountain bikers were attacked on the Maah Dey Haay trail they brought in a professional tracker to kill the cat but the weather didn't cooperate and his dogs lost the scent. Me and the dog tracked at least two different cats three times when farmers I know would call after they cut fresh tracks but while I think I was getting close once the cat just ran me in the ground. I don't know if I would be interested in shooting a cat but I sure would like to get some pictures.  
DakotaMike

Offline crow_feather

• Trade Count: (0)
Mountain Lion Hunting in North Dakota
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 07:39:32 AM »
You need to borrow some of them California Mountain Lions, so you can have a better season.  I'm sure there's some fella's out there that would be glad to give you three or four hundred.

C F

Course those Calif Mountain Lions is used to those tofu deer and being able to see an analyst if they don't make a kill every week or so.
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.