Author Topic: Taking a couple cannon to the Pueblo, CO Gun Show..  (Read 808 times)

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Taking a couple cannon to the Pueblo, CO Gun Show..
« on: July 07, 2005, 04:13:36 PM »
This coming weekend, July 9 & 10, I'll be taking a couple cannon to the gun show at Pueblo, CO.  May even take a mortar along too.  Probably won't sell them but these items always start a lot of very interesting conversations and some might even be true stories!  Who knows, I may even bring a new mortar or cannon along back home with me.  Any Southern Colorado shooters, I hope you can stop by my table and lets talk big bore BP stuff.   :D
Blaster (Bob in So. CO)
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Taking a couple cannon to the Pueblo, CO Gu
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 12:54:33 AM »
Thanks for the invite!  It's a bit far from Virginia, but I'm sure you'll spark a lot of interest there!

I always perk up when I see someone walking through the gun show with a handgonne.

Graduate of Grinnell (GHS - Iowa that is)
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 07:30:27 AM »
Aw come on CW, Virginia is not that far away especially since you could merely order your "on call", 24/7 on duty, private pilot to fly YOUR little business jet right over to Pueblo.  Just as info., Pueblo does have an airport which could certainly acccommodate your jet. :wink: Think airport security would take some exception to your attempt to go through their check points with a handgonne?  Might be interesting scenerio.....I've often wondered what they'd say if a guy would attempt to hand carry on board, a little .50 Cal BP muzzle loading "toy" cannon - unloaded of course.  But officer, it's only a little toy cannon that I'm taking to my grandson for his birthday!
Graduate of Ginnnell  - well, another corney type fellow. :P

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 07:52:10 AM »
You speak of taking a "handgonne" through security at an airport.  On my recent trip to Orlando, I did that very thing, although in checked baggage.  The TSA inspectors flagged the bag with it and hand checked the bag but they were worried about the large vitamin C container, not the piece of steel just below it.

I usually stay away from airports and airplanes.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline CrufflerSteve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 08:09:02 AM »
It would be fun to take a handgonne to a gunshow. I could just picture the security guards trying to safety tie it. They would be very confused.

A handgonne going through as baggage might have the right odors that some of the sniffer gear are looking for.

My timing is awful. Every time Blaster is at a gun show, I'm booked up for the weekend.

Steve

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 11:10:40 AM »
Steve, I guess the easiest way to get the handgonne into a gunshow without some security guard attempting to safety tie it, just tell them that it's a part and you are trying to find one just like it. :wink:
One of these days, I'll be told that my cannon and mortars must be tied too.  
I'm sure that some day we'll meet at one of the local Colorado shows.  Just wait and see!