Author Topic: what range was your last deer shot at?  (Read 4465 times)

Offline Little Magnum

• Trade Count: (0)
what range was your last deer shot at?
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2005, 11:59:28 PM »
Shot two bucks in 2004 In Ontario 12pt  at 300yards with 7mm rem mag, 150gr CT b.tip handload leaning over a large Rock. and in Vermont 7pt with a 50cal TC Hawkins muzzleloader at 137 yards, standing up leaning against a telephone pole.

Offline Jimi

• Avid Poster
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2005, 11:08:38 AM »
I took two deer last November in Michigan with my (circa 1952) Model 70 in .300 Weatherby Magnum... and I have to give a little prelude to this story. I had laser surgery on my eyes 11 years ago and the procedure was absolutely miraculous, except that I have lost some of my depth perception. Especially at longer ranges. So I took my doe at 240 yards and that was no big deal, but I was really pleased with the 510 yard shot I took on my buck using the shooting sticks I'd made for myself. Hit them both in the neck and they both dropped in their tracks. Only problem is that I'd thought I was only shooting about 300 yards on the buck. Lucky thing my rifle shoots pretty flat.
WWJD?(What Would Jimi Do?)

Offline Jimi

• Avid Poster
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2005, 11:17:04 AM »
Dang, I just went back and read everyone's posts... I'm beginning to think I need to work on my hunting skills to get these deer closer in. Maybe I'll move my monthly bath up towards the beginning of the season ;-)
WWJD?(What Would Jimi Do?)

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2005, 11:30:52 AM »
:eek: That might be a good start. Either that or drown yourself in doe estrus  :shock:  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding