Author Topic: Pics from Casper shoot  (Read 885 times)

Offline Dictator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Pics from Casper shoot
« on: July 10, 2005, 04:18:49 PM »
I'm seeing if I can master this pic system. Here are a few shots of last months' shoot in Casper, WY. If this works, I'll put up a few more

Offline Powder keg

• GBO Sponsor
  • GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Pics from Casper shoot
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 04:30:17 PM »
Nice Pictures! Thanks for sharing!!!
Wesley P.
"Powder Keg"
Custom Machine work done reasonable. I have a small machine shop and foundry. Please let me build your stuff. I just added Metal etching to my capabilities. I specialize in custom jobs.
"When the gun is lost, All is lost"

Offline Dictator

• Avid Poster
Pics from Casper shoot
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 05:08:13 PM »
Here's a couple more. It was cool seeing how they stayed on target at 600 & 900 yards.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Pics from Casper shoot
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 12:51:26 PM »
GOOD PIX!

Some of them scream "POSTCARD"  (that's a high compliment).
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Dictator

• Avid Poster
Pics from Casper shoot
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 01:13:38 PM »
I never thought of that, but that's a good idea. I have some stop-action flame shots that are reeeally neat if i can figure out how to get them on here. The 2 sighting shots are the guns from the 2nd Iowa Light Artillery Battalion. We'll be shooting a live fire shoot in New Ulm, MN on the 24th of this month. I'll post some more photos from there as well. Freddy, are you guys going to be there? If so, are you bringing some of the big mortars??

Thanks Tim,
Joe

Offline Cpt Ed

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
Pics from Casper shoot
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 02:17:51 PM »
Dictator:

Is it possible for you to send me a larger picture of the Tang sight on the breech end of the Parrott rifle. This is the picture on the top right. I want to see their modified sight base and how they attached it to the back of the barrel.

I have a Soule Tang sight, taken off of my Shiloh Sharps that I am planning to attach it to the breech end of my half scale, 1.5” smoothbore Parrott cannon.
Always think safety...be a More Complete Cannoneer.

"I HATE SMALL TOWNS BECAUSE ONCE YOU'VE SEEN THE CANNON IN THE PARK, THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO."

Offline Dictator

• Avid Poster
Pics from Casper shoot
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 02:39:08 PM »
Cpt. Ed,
I'll PM you with a close up of their installation. What Shiloh do you have. I have one of their #1's in 45-110 w/ the the MVA long range sight systems. The guys here want to add a Soul cup. They installed the sights on this themselves. If you would like I could give you the address of the gentlman who built the gun himself. They are super people. That's why I joined their battery.

Joe

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Pics from Casper shoot
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 03:42:44 PM »
Hey Dictator (Joe).  Great pictures and I have been eagerly watching for their posting.  Now, if only you could make them a little larger, they'd be just about perfect for my tired old eyes.  I may be heading for Iowa within the next month or so.  How's about getting rid of that blasted humidity or at least get it down to about 20% like we have here in Colorado. Between the humidity and the corn pollen, I have one nasty time there when visiting Iowa in the Summer/Fall!  Again, thanks for posting and I am wondering if you do you kinda plan on the Casper Shoot again next year, I know that it's a long time off, but gotta start planning way ahead. It's also a very good place to stock up on pwdr/fuse...:wink:
Blaster (Bob in So. CO)
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)

Offline Dictator

• Avid Poster
Pics from Casper shoot
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 04:06:06 PM »
Hey Blaster Bob,
 Boy I didn't want to not say Hi. Sure was good to see you in Casper. You can bet I'll be back next year and will look forward to seeing you again unless of coarse you sneak back into Iowa sooner. Come on up and see us in New Ulm if you can. The boys were in Forrest City this weekend but I couldn't make it. Sure wish I could Have. Like we thought, sure wish i'd have bought more powder in Casper. Now that I've got somewhat of a handle on posting pics, I'm going to put up a bunch as the shoots go. I have to figure how to get some of my best flame shots on here as some of them are really good. In fact, send me your e-mail address and I'll forward them to you from Casper.

All the best,
Joe

Offline Cpt Ed

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
Pics from Casper shoot
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 04:13:44 PM »
Dictator:

Thanks, I’m looking forward to the PM with the enlarged image of their sight installation.

Please also supply the information on the gentleman that did the installation.

I don’t want to get far off of the subject here but to answer your question,

My Shiloh Sharps is a Sporter #1, in 40-65 cal with a 34” barrel and all of the mid-range leveled sighting system.

"I HATE SMALL TOWNS BECAUSE ONCE YOU'VE SEEN THE CANNON IN THE PARK, THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO."

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Pics from Casper shoot
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 05:36:59 PM »
Hey Dictator, great pictures! Thanks for posting.

Before you get to heavy into posting pictures go to the sticky at the top of the board on Picture posting.  The picture posting Troll will come out from under the bridge and growl at you if you make them to big.  Suggested size is 7.5 inches wide at 72 pixels per inch. Although with the new software that GB runs on I think you can't post a picture to big any more.  If you post a big picture it resizes it and tells you to clicko n the picure to see it full size.

Offline Cpt Ed

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
Pics from Casper shoot
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 01:46:05 PM »
Hey Dictator,

I received your PM but no picture.   :(   Please check your PM for my home email address.
Thank you,  :roll: