Author Topic: Peltor tactical headset for hearing protection  (Read 419 times)

Offline tecrsq

• Trade Count: (0)
Peltor tactical headset for hearing protection
« on: June 17, 2005, 01:38:36 PM »
I just purchased 2 pairs of Peltor headsets for hearing protection while at work and on the range.

These things are great and they attenuate the louder damaging levels of noise to a lower level.

I cant believe I have been sticking things in my ears for so long after trying these.

Anyone else use them?
TecRsq
North Gawga
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue!

Offline jro45

Peltor tactical headset for hearing protect
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 04:03:58 AM »
I use ear plugs but they sound like the ear muffs with sound ajustment and when a loud gun shot goes off they quiet it down to a wisper.  Are the in stores for sale? If so what stores? :D

Offline Deb15

Peltor tactical headset for hearing protect
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 05:08:41 PM »
I have Peltor Tac 6-S.  They are great but don't forget to turn off the amplifiers after you use them or the batteries will be dead next time you put them on.  As far as buying some, check online for the best deals, searching under Peltor Tactical 6-S.  In the stores around my area they sell for about $179, but I was able to find them online for about $69 at Cabelas, I think it was.  This is the biggest difference between store and online prices I have ever come across.

Deb
Less than 15% of Americans are hunters.
We are permitted to hunt only so long as the majority of nonhunters believe we are conducting ourselves in an honorable manner.
--Tom Beck, in A Hunter's Heart

Offline oso45-70

Handgun General discussion
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 04:04:34 AM »
tecrsq

And to think i've been sticking 44-40s in my ears all this time, Works great but hurts the ears after a while, Gotta check the Peltor Tac 6-S out.
Thanks for the heads up............Joe...........
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain