Author Topic: fall permits  (Read 1026 times)

Offline wipartimer

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
fall permits
« on: July 22, 2005, 04:48:57 PM »
Just A reminder to get your fall hunting applications in by Aug. 1
Mike

How can one truly understand nature without participating?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
fall permits
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 05:30:02 PM »
Applications? Permits? Whatzat?

Here in Bama we just mosey on down to a store that sells them and plop down $19 for a hunting license. Ain't no application process and no permits or tags or any sich.

For that $19 you have a lega right to kill two does or one buck and one doe a day in about 2/3 of the state all season long. In the rest you can do so legally for 21 to 45 days at least. Bow season opens Oct. 15 and gun season Saturday before Thanksgiving. Both close on following Jan. 31.

You can kill one buck a day all season long every where and bow hunters have a buck and doe or two does a day all season long. Get to take five turkey gobblers too. Plus all the small game critters. Heck we don't even have a closed season on crows.

You guys need to revolt.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 379 Peterbilt

• Trade Count: (1)
fall permits
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 01:53:47 AM »
Wipartimer, you bring up a very important issue. I'm gonna make this a sticky thread for the next week or so.

Anyway, the applications are for the following....

Hunting Application Deadlines
2005 Licenses and Permits

Bobcat, Otter, Fisher - August 1, 2005
Goose (Horicon/Collins Zones) - August 1, 2005
Hunter's Choice - August 1, 2005
Sharp-tailed Grouse - August 1, 2005
Turkey (Fall) - August 1, 2005

Black Bear (2006 Season) - January 13, 2006
Turkey (Spring, 2006) - December 10, 2005

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
fall permits
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 11:56:56 AM »
:-D WHAT!!! NO CLOSED SEASON ON CROWS!!! We cheeseheads have it bad. My huntin buddy got one of his "trophy" crows mounted.
Our DNR needs lots of money to run. We have to hire biologists to observe our wolves.
 In northern WI the fashion for critters is to have their own radio transmitters. It's popular with elk, bears, and wolves but some of the other critters want em too. We need to know what they're doing in those woods. Maybe nobody is interested or they already know what the critters are doing down in Bama.
As a resident I paid $145 for a patron's license. I get 4 deer tags, small game, trapping, fishing, stamps, and some of the applications. I also use m bicycle pass on trails.
The only thing that really annoys me is that it takes several months to figure out if I can get a turkey tag.
Our Governor said we aren't paying enough for hunting & fishing licenses now. Maybe he should talk to the DNR in Bama. :D  :D

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
fall permits
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 05:32:39 AM »
You don't even want to get me started on what I think of our Governor :x
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.