Author Topic: Youth  (Read 526 times)

Offline SAWgunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.ranger.org/
Youth
« on: August 04, 2005, 05:56:31 AM »
You know it is amazing what people remember about you.  For instance, talking to one of my really good friends I grew up with Remembers the "Kong" ripping a stop sign out of the ground.  Kong was my alter ego in highschool, sort of like the Incredible Hulk.  Whenever we would act like your typical Teenage morons  :wink: sometimes the Kong would come out.  Hah hah hah!!!  Out of all of the things I have accomplished, this is what he remembers...I think I had mentally blocked all of that.  Hah hah...the sad part is that it is not only limited to friends.
Nosce Hostem
"Birds of Prey" 743rd MI BN
Proud Freemason-Chugwater Lodge No. 23

Offline FWiedner

Youth
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 06:13:39 AM »
Consider that youth is wasted on the young.

The only reasonable thing to do is engage in copious amounts of self loathing and disgust.  Seek counselling and blame your parents.    :shock:

It's my observation that those folks who prefer to focus on those less than positive aspects of what may be many youthful adventures frequently have personal self-esteem issues to resolve, and those negative recollections are their method of minimizing their own shortcomings.

Yeah, that's it...

:lol:
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline Shorty

Youth
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 12:52:14 PM »
SAWgunner,
I've always pitied those who never left home.  Especially small town folk who are trapped forever in their high school personna.  They are not allowed to grow, or change; their friends and relatives won't let that happen.  
On the other hand, those who move around, see the elephant, and grow up can find themselves labeled as "from away" or "a come-here" no matter where they go.  Sometimes, it seems like a trade between loneliness and stagnation.    :cry:

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
Youth
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 02:05:30 PM »
That's true.  Everytime I go home I see the same old high school clicks hanging out with each other.  Kinda Sad...Oh well, I guess that's what they enjoy.

SAW
Nosce Hostem

Offline Shorty

Youth
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 12:32:23 PM »
SAWgunner,
You are wise beyond your years (grasshopper :wink: ).
I see that you're in Wy.  My sister is in Rawlins.  She's big in Eastern Star.

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
Youth
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 02:11:52 PM »
Oh Really, Shorty, My Away from home terminal is Rawlins (Where we stay the night and get on a train going back home the next day).  I haven't done much with Eastern Star, but it is a good and worthwhile organization...I am currently trying to focus on York Rite and Scottish Rite Masonry.
Nosce Hostem