Author Topic: Converting users....  (Read 396 times)

Offline Varminter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Converting users....
« on: August 12, 2005, 10:48:37 AM »
Well i have just turned another person on to these fine firearms. I'll try to give the full story shortened.......

I received my 2005 catalog a couple of days ago. With this one being the 4th on i have ordered. I never received any of the others....well anyway. I came home and i found my dad glancing through it. He started asking me alot of questions on the BC and target rifle. The next thing i know he tells me he has sold one of his bo..bol...bolt actions...(that was so hard to say :) ) and is going to go look for a BC at the local shops and if no one has one, a trip to walmart will be in order.  I couldn't believe what i was hearing. He is one of those types that nothing is better than the bolt actions and why is there even anything else made. For him to say this was really weird but i'm glad i finally converted him....it took awhile but it finally happened. I guess it was the 270 ultracomp that did him in....or maybe the fact he just really wants a 45-70...... :grin:  :grin:  :grin: Either way it doesn't matter....he's finally crossed over from the dark side..lol...i hope i can convert alot more people....

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
Converting users....
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 12:23:18 PM »
My uncle that I converted loves his Buffalo Classic  :-D

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Converting users....
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 07:37:25 PM »
Yup...it's fun making converts...it's even more fun..when they out shoot the nay-sayers of their groups of friends and their very expensive bolt guns...cause it's just like a domino effect...sooner or later they all start tumbling down :lol:

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline howard NZ

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Converting users....
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 08:24:49 PM »
Yep, it sure was satisfying 8)  up at the range today, four other blokes, three of them with $1500 -$2000 NZ rifles outshot by a $500 NZ Handi .243 handi superlight rifle, really hard to keep the smirk of my face, don't think I converted any of them, more like made them a little grumpy
regards Howard

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
Converting users....
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 05:06:14 AM »
I'm with you, Howard.

I've had similar experience's myself.  This usually occur's with my .280 Handi.  I always get other guys questioning the gun when they see how well it shoots.   Sometimes they comment that they had know idea the Handi's could shoot so well, others have walked away with puzzled looks on their faces.

In this case, "less is more".

Continued good luck to you.

EVOC ONE