Author Topic: New Generation  (Read 587 times)

Offline sundogg1911

• Trade Count: (0)
New Generation
« on: June 22, 2005, 09:30:35 AM »
I had a great Fathers Day this year. I was at my camp with my 16 year old daughter. She was still sleeping when I started casting in the morning. (She usually wakes at the crack of noon) when she woke up She came out She asked if She could help me.  We cast over 2500 bullets in 2 days. (about 800 for Her Walther PPK) She will be sizing and lubing them next weekend, and gas checking the .30's. then onto the Dillon 550. She has always loved going to the range. (And She's one hell of a shot with a 1911!) but it was really nice to see Her take an interest in casting and mixing the different alloys. She was great with fluxing and stirring. I can't think of a better way to have spend Fathers day with Daddy's Little Girl!
 :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Offline LAH

• Contributor
New Generation
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 12:40:19 AM »
It certainly can be a family thing. Sounds like you had a great time.
Joshua 1:9

Offline Lee S. Forsberg

• Avid Poster
Re: New Generation
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 05:30:37 PM »
Quote from: sundogg1911
I had a great Fathers Day this year. I was at my camp with my 16 year old daughter. She was still sleeping when I started casting in the morning. (She usually wakes at the crack of noon) when she woke up She came out She asked if She could help me.  We cast over 2500 bullets in 2 days. (about 800 for Her Walther PPK) She will be sizing and lubing them next weekend, and gas checking the .30's. then onto the Dillon 550. She has always loved going to the range. (And She's one hell of a shot with a 1911!) but it was really nice to see Her take an interest in casting and mixing the different alloys. She was great with fluxing and stirring. I can't think of a better way to have spend Fathers day with Daddy's Little Girl!
 :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

I'll go along with that, what a great Fathers Day!  I can't even get my sons to do that!
LSF/375

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
New Generation
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 08:40:41 AM »
Hello Everyone.  I usually post over at the NEF Handi rifle area and occasionally on the Bolt Action and SUV area's.

I started reloading with my dad in my early teen years (about thirty years or so) but have not done any casting.  Figured I would visit and see what info I could gather.

I had to comment about how nice it was to read the thread Sunndog1911's fathers day.  I have two daughters, both grown and married now.   We had then and still do have an exellent relationship.  I can certainly relate to the pride that well's up in a father to spend such quality time with his children.  Especially at 16 years old.  That can be such a confusing period for a young person and parents.  

Keep up the good work and take advantage of every opportunity to spend such quality time together.  

Thanks

EVOC ONE