Author Topic: NEF Barrel Accessory Program - Am I missing something?  (Read 638 times)

Offline BattleRifleG3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
NEF Barrel Accessory Program - Am I missing something?
« on: August 24, 2005, 02:38:52 PM »
I'm wondering why NEF/H&R shotgun barrels aren't sold separately, rather you send them your frame to rebarrel.  Is that because the barrel is counted as part of the frame, and that you can't swap barrels like you would any other gun?

Inquiring mind wants to know.  Thanks!
Moderator at www.gunandgame.com

Offline Paul Mohr

• Trade Count: (0)
NEF Barrel Accessory Program - Am I missing
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 03:11:15 PM »
I believe they have to be fitted first. Not quite the same as an encore switch. Once they are fitted however they can be swapped pretty easily to your reciever.

I'm not quite sure what is involved though.

Paul
AKA Psyco Smurf

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 04:23:54 PM »
Most of the barrels and frames I have are interchangable but every once in a while there is a small pacing issue. Guys on this board have traded around a lot and never not been able to get it to work that I can remember. The QC at H&R is not as tight as TC but then again there is no comparrision in price either. It's probably a legal issue more than anything else.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Its All About Liability
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 11:31:26 PM »
I beleive you are right Markus.  I think it's all about the Liability issue.  If someone were to get injured because they swapped a barrel and the headspacing was incorrect or the lock-up was poor and they got injured,  NEF/H&R would be liable.  That's why they have to have you send in the receiver for the proper fitting of a barrel.  You don't have to be an engineer to fit a barrel, but you do need to have a little common sense and some mechanical apptitude and then there are some folks who just don't feel confident with their ability enough to fit one.  It would be nice if the NEF/H&R guns were made to tighter specs, but we would pay a little more for them.  I would gladly pay the higher price for that option.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 03:23:06 PM »
I think most of the guys on this board would gladly pay a few more $ for the option of t?c style barrel swapping but my completely uneducated guess is that the vast majority of the purchasers of these guns never even consider it. They are first guns for most people or price point guns for the cost concious (cheap).
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: Its All About Liability
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 01:53:39 PM »
I think it's all about the Liability issue.  :(   Cookieman is right about this  :?  But part of the fun of these guns are the little tricks we have to do to get them shoot  :grin:

Its not all about price. Alot of us could afford the high dollar TCs but chose to go with the H&Rs as a challenge
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped