Author Topic: Big problem...  (Read 4560 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Big problem...
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2005, 05:49:01 AM »
Doesn't look like any crow will be served after all!!! :wink:
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Big problem...
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2005, 06:16:21 AM »
Never really expected you to admit the barrel wasn't "OK" Fred even when faced with the facts.  :roll:

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
Big problem...
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2005, 08:58:18 AM »
GB

Never really expected you to admit the barrel wasn't "OK" Fred even when faced with the facts.

By your own admission you don't even own a Handi, so you obviously don't know the difference between a barrel and the underlug. They are two separate pieces and made from different material. Even though they are welded together. The underlug can be removed from the barrel and a new one installed. Or the end of the underlug replaced only.  That leaves the barrel ok

We all know of the underlug set back. The material is much too soft for long life. If you shoot a Handi long enough with 243 loads you end up with the same scenario as the the wrong cartridge in the 243 chamber. Lug set back It is a simple enough job to weld up the underlug and make a new seat for the hinge pin and reinstate a tight lock up.

My original statements were based on some stress analysis and pressure calculations. I have made these to satisfy my own conclusions, and they are not far out.

If we had pursued a more intelligent discussion instead of histerics and sniping, we would have arrived at a more congenial conclusion.

GB, I suggest you quit sniping at me, you do a much better job administrating.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Big problem...
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2005, 09:23:56 AM »
One LAST post for your sake Fred and then we'll close this topic out.

I do own a Handi. Never said I didn't. The folks at the OK Prairie Dog shoot can testify to the fact I not only own one but am quite capable of using it to good effect on prairie dogs.

Yes I do understand the guns and how they work. Might surprise you to learn I have a wee tad of education, common sense and book learning also.

I've not been to your place just as you've not to mine. So cannot say with certainty what you have or do not have. Even tho you seem to feel able to do same regard me. But I dare say I do not believe you have the facilities and likely not the knowledge to do stress analysis. I have seen your paper figures and they have no basis in the real world.

You started this by trying to use GBO as a launching pad for your career as a super genius all knowledgeable in all matters gun related. No one who failed to agree with you 100% was tolerated. You angered so many that they were asking me to deactivate your account. I did not, won't now. But when you start telling someone who has just fired a rifle using a much larger diameter bullet round that the gun is fine, just clean it and use it. Rather than tell them to have it checked by a knowledgeable gunsmith or factory you have stepped over the line of gun safety. I WILL NOT allow such to take place on GBO.

This ENDS NOW one way or another.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!