Author Topic: Home Depot/Lowe's...  (Read 758 times)

Offline SAWgunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.ranger.org/
Home Depot/Lowe's...
« on: September 11, 2005, 04:45:24 AM »
Reading about the chainsaws, Mr. Haywire Haywood brought up a good point about the incompetence of the two major chain's employees.  I personally shop at Murdoch's Ranch Supply or Sutherlands, even if I pay a higher price.    
It irks me to no end dealing with a contemptuous teenager that clearly dosen't want to work there that dosen't know what he/she is talking about.  How many times have you had to wait while they called someone to ask what a item is?  I know it dosen't pay all that great, but some of these people should take pride in their work and learn it.  They make alot more than I did as a Non-Commissioned Officer in the Army, but I knew my job and took pride in it.  Anyone else have any stories or want to vent?

SAWgunner
Nosce Hostem
"Birds of Prey" 743rd MI BN
Proud Freemason-Chugwater Lodge No. 23

Offline Shorty

Home Depot/Lowe's...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 08:12:40 AM »
I deal with a small store which specializes in yard and garden equipment.  Even there, after waiting for the "expert" to find my part on the computer, I'd better have the old part with me to compare with the wrong part he handed me!  :roll:  :wink:

Offline IntrepidWizard

Home Depot/Lowe's...
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 08:22:32 AM »
The only city in Tuolumne Count is Sonora and in the last 12 years they brought in Orchard Supply[wiped out Mundorfs 72 year business that always had the parts],Mervyns[now going out],Wally World,Got shot and others and condemed the the old Slaughter yard and are putting in a Lowes after they were defeated putting in Home Depot.15 years ago we had one signal in the whold county now we have 21 and it is a mess,we go off the hill to Sonora once a week and see less and less people we now and more and more business going in and out.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline Haywire Haywood

• Trade Count: (2)
Home Depot/Lowe's...
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 01:33:11 PM »
I went to Walmart once looking for a bipod for some new rifle I had (silly me).  Of course I didn't find one, but I thought I'd ask before I left.  I asked the young guy with the blue vest if he had any bipods in stock.  I could tell by the blank stare that he had no clue what I was talking about.  I noticed a prominantly displayed patch on his vest that said "Certified Sports Expert", so I pointed to it and said "Doesn't that patch say "Certified Sports Expert"?  And you don't know what I bipod is?  You're fired.  Go ahead and clock out now."  I then turned and walked away.  He was obviously taken aback.. he called out to me and said "Excuse me sir, who are you again?" I turned around with a half grin and said "I'm nobody, just messin with ya."

The expression on his face was worth the wasted trip.  :-D  :-D  :-D

Ian
Kids that Hunt, Fish and Trap
Dont Steal, Deal, and Murder

usually...

Offline Savage .250

Home Depot/Lowe's...
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 07:28:36 AM »
Worse yet, down here where i live the "experts" all speak  Spanish.  
     If you go into wal-Mart, K-Mart or any other of the big chain stores
    be prepared to wait. The "experts" are either on the phone( mind you ther`re on the clock) talking to somebody or carrying on a conversation with somebody in line or if you ask someone for information their english is so bad you can`t understand them! Kind of like when you need help with your PC and call the "Help" number and get some guy in India.  If you`ve done that .....you know what i`m talking about.
   I guess i need to speak spanish..........ya, right!

" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline powderman

Home Depot/Lowe's...
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 09:06:40 AM »
SAVAGE250. NOPE. If they intend to live here, and work here, they either need to learn ENGLISH, and speak it, or GET OUT. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Savage .250

Home Depot/Lowe's...
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 09:41:05 AM »
Quote from: powderman
SAVAGE250. NOPE. If they intend to live here, and work here, they either need to learn ENGLISH, and speak it, or GET OUT. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D

I wonder if we could get a referendum on that?
              Oops, can`t do that.......not politically correct.

Offline NYH1

Home Depot/Lowe's...
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 10:49:15 AM »
One thing I must say about the Home Depot in my area (at least the one I go to), is their staff is pretty knowledgable about most of their products. If you go into the plumbing department and ask for help they usually know what their talking about and can help you. The same go's for just about all of their departments.

The only thing I don't like about the Home Depot is that they don't do any type of service work on any kind of power tools, examples- chainsaws, lawn mowers, weed eaters ect, ect, ect! My way of thinking is I'd rather pay a little extra for something from a "servicing dealer" that will be able to service and/or repair the products that I buy from them instead of buying something from the Home Depot and taking it to a "servicing dealer" to have it serviced and/or repaired. The first thing they usually say is....why don't you take it back to the Home Depot and have them fix it, them you're going to be at the end of the list as far as getting your stuff repaired, you know their gonna take care of the people that bought from them in the first place, and rightly so!

The closes Lowe's is about 45 minutes away, I've only been there once, I assume their like the Home Depot, but I'm not really sure. :grin:
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
Home Depot/Lowe's...
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 02:57:09 PM »
I can't speak for all the HD's but up here, if the clerk doesn't cut it, they don't last long.  My wife manages a HD store and I can say, she's pretty sure to see that as many of the associates get proper training per thier areas if they seem to be an interested employee looking at long term employment.  Maybe the store clerks aren't geniuses in a specific area, but a warm body is better than no body.    

You gotta think though...  If you go to Walmart to buy guns, and get crappy service, don't whine. What did you expect from a store that also sells shoes & stationary?    

how many of of us know EVERYTHING about our job and can answer every question asked to us?
"Never Surrender, Just Carry On."  - G.S.