Author Topic: $10.00 Elk Hunt!!!  (Read 2668 times)

Offline sabotmaker

• Trade Count: (0)
$10.00 Elk Hunt!!!
« on: September 19, 2005, 05:52:39 AM »
Here is a chance for an Arkansas Private Lands Elk Hunt in September 2006. The Arkansas Deer Hunters Alliance (ADHA)is kicking off a fundraiser.

Please go to www.ardeer.org   Click on "events" at the bottom.

Also click on "forum" at the bottom for more info on ADHA and Elk Hunt.

Thanks,  Del

Mods, please do not delete. Graybeard approved this post.

Offline crow_feather

$10.00 Elk Hunt!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 06:17:59 PM »
In that case, best of luck in your endeavor.
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
$10.00 Elk Hunt!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 10:21:54 AM »
As a resident, I've been applying every year with the ARK Game and Fish and haven't drawn yet.   ADHA would probably improve your chances as my chances have been about one in 20,000. I believe the private land hunts must stop when a certain quota is reached, so you may want to research the regs. My resident application is free but  with my odds I'm afraid I won't live long enough to draw. --- So I'm heading to Montana in a couple of weeks.  The Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation gets one tag for a fund raising auction and I think last years tag went for more than $40,000.  Good luck.
James

Offline sabotmaker

$10.00 Elk Hunt!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 06:28:29 PM »
Quote from: james
As a resident, I've been applying every year with the ARK Game and Fish and haven't drawn yet.   ADHA would probably improve your chances as my chances have been about one in 20,000. I believe the private land hunts must stop when a certain quota is reached, so you may want to research the regs. My resident application is free but  with my odds I'm afraid I won't live long enough to draw. --- So I'm heading to Montana in a couple of weeks.  The Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation gets one tag for a fund raising auction and I think last years tag went for more than $40,000.  Good luck.
James

James, the Arkansas Elk Hunt you are referring to is the public land hunt, mostly in the Buffalo National River Corridor.  You are right about the chances of drawing, probably 10,000 to one.

The ADHA Elk hunt is on private land.  Landowners in Pivate Lands Elk Zone A need only sign an application for a resident or non-resident, an elk tag  is then  issued by Arkansas Game and Fish Commission. There are stipulations such as an applicant will be refused a tag if he/she has any game and fish violation points or any felony record.

I donated this elk hunt to the ADHA and the winner will get a tag. The hunt will be on my place. Tag and hunt is guaranteed, killing an elk is not. The elk are free ranging wild elk.......this is not a high fence deal.

There are two hunts per year, usually 5 days in late September and 5 days in early December. There is a 5 elk quota or each of these seasons.