Author Topic: legend scopes  (Read 517 times)

Offline billy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
legend scopes
« on: September 16, 2005, 12:03:25 PM »
Are the bushnell legend scopes any good and would they work out on a 270 for deer hunting?
I enjoy collecting guns, swaping and staying up on all the newest models. I deer, quail, squirrel and rabbit hunt.

Offline mr.frosty

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
legend scopes
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 11:53:02 AM »
I think there a level below the 3200 Elite series that Bushnell have.
I have a 3200 3x9-40 on my 300 wsm and so far so good.
" People should say what they mean and mean what they say. Life is too short to be lead down the wrong path."

Offline Greybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Graybeard Outdoors
legend scopes
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 01:04:52 PM »
The fit between the Elite 3200 and the Trophy in Bushnell's line up. The one's I've used have proven to be quite good. I'm happy with them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
legend scopes
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 02:20:11 PM »
I have never been the one to buy a $1000 scope or tell anyone to buy X brand scope for more money.  Have you looked at Banner?  I received a Banner 4-12x40ao as a replacement and I was totally amazed.  I think it is better than my Trophy or just as good as the Legend I own.  Check out the Banner, you might save some dough.   :D

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
legend scopes
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 03:27:32 PM »
I bought three 3x9 power Banners from Sports authority on closeout right after they took over Oshmans for 21 dollars apiece. I put one on a 22-250, a 308 and still have one in the box. I dropped the 22-250 from about 4 feet up, the action/scope luckily landed on my backpack but the heavy barrel hit a rock the pack was next to. Left a big ding on the barrel near the muzzle and caused me to have to resight my rifle as it was off 5 inches to the right. But adjustments are precise and the glass is clearer thanthe older weavers I used for years.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.