Author Topic: Proud Dad  (Read 557 times)

Offline mikedb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Proud Dad
« on: September 25, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »
My 15 yr old son just took his first deer during the special youth hunt in Michigan.  It was a 3 point (fourth just forming) and was taken with a H&R Ultra Slug gun with Win Partition Golds at 150 yards.  Slug went through both lungs right on target.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Proud Dad
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 01:19:52 PM »
Congrats to your son. I know that feeling. :D  :-D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Mo Gun Nut

Proud Dad
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 03:38:15 PM »
:grin:
My Two all time favorite deer hunting days were when my sons killed there first deer.

Offline APlottNamedBoomer

Proud Dad
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 05:45:35 AM »
Congrats to your son...

By my count since Youth Deering Hunting Day started in Maine I have had the "should-have" disease...All 3 years I've done it I "should-have" had a deer...First year they did it I jumped two thatwere eating under an apple tree at my uncle's camp that weren't saw because of tall grass blocking our view from the bottom (That hurt, we'd walked around for 5 minutes before they really became spooked...) SHOULDA HAD IT!  :P

Second year had almost no luck all day, jumped one a little late, gave up on it, took the long way home...PRESTO! 4 deer in a field...Drive up, take aim on a nice doe, BANG! MISS! REALLY SHOULDA HAD IT! :P

Last year, doe laying right on edge of field...Wasn't with my dad, I knew laws ebtter then he did, he said 100 yds off a road, I said 10 ft...Ultimately agreed with him for he did take me out and was just like whatever, was just glad to be out...Start sneaking down and deer does a Houdini and disappears into the woods! I later showed him the lawbook we didn't have handy in the truck! REALLY REALLY SHOULDA HAD IT! :P

That my friends is the story of the "shoulda-had-it" disease!  :wink:

Offline riddleofsteel

• Contributor
Proud Dad
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 03:12:19 PM »
My son's first deer taken with a .50 T/C Renegade.
Best day of my hunting career and his.

:D
...for him there was always the discipline of steel.

They all hold swords, being expert in war: every man hath his sword upon his thigh because of fear in the night.
Song of Solomon 3:8

Offline Dave in WV

Proud Dad
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 02:53:35 AM »
It's a great bond and feeling. Congrats to you both. It's a big day for High Brass and me when he got his first deer.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline Savage .250

Proud Dad
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 05:27:58 AM »
Congradulations.   Another keeper of the tradition joins the ranks.
   My sons are older and we still hunt together every year.  It`s like a vacation with "special" bonding.  Like i say, The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience.  Course you guys know that.
  The look on my sons faces when they shot their first deer was something to see. We`ve re-hashed that hunt to this day and that was over 30 yrs ago.  Time flies guys, make it count.

" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."