Author Topic: Why carry?  (Read 971 times)

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
Why carry?
« on: September 22, 2005, 08:25:26 AM »
This just goes to show you, that at anytime, anywhere even in small towns like Ennis, Mt or Bigfork, Mt you can become a victim.

Link to shooting in Ennis, Mt Saturday, August 28, 2004
News Link

Link to Bigfork Shooting Thursday, Sep 21, 2005
News Link

Two shot in Bigfork; two sought

By CHERY SABOL
The Daily Inter Lake
Two Lake County men are being sought in connection with the shooting of two young men in a Bigfork bar parking lot early Wednesday morning.

Thane Melton, 19, and Zaniel Dell, 22, both of Bigfork, were shot after midnight outside the Tall Pines Lounge. Neither suffered life-threatening injuries, according to the Flathead County Sheriff's Office. Melton was shot in the buttocks, and Dell was wounded in the leg.

Witnesses said two men at the bar had gone outside to fight each other and then picked fights with other people. Several people in the parking lot reportedly tried to get the men to leave.

The two men, in their late 20s, reportedly got into a Jeep Cherokee, drove a short distance and then stopped. One of the men reportedly got out and fired more than a half-dozen shots into the crowd, hitting Melton and Dell.

Bigfork Fire and Medical was dispatched, and the men were taken to the hospital.

Witnesses identified the two suspects, who reportedly live in adjacent homes on Montana 35 inside Lake County. Deputies went to their homes, where no one answered the door, though the Jeep was found there.

Later on Wednesday, detectives Brad Parker and Jeanne Landis sought an arrest warrant in the case. Charges are pending and could range from assault with a weapon to attempted homicide.

A description of the suspects has been distributed to local officers, Parker said.

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
Why carry?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 09:37:59 AM »
Theres nutballs everywhere..  just that lower populated areas seem to have a corresponding less number of nutballs.

I'm far safer in my rural community then I would be in Pittsburgh. lol  About 1 in 9 people in Jefferson County, PA have a LTCF.
RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
Why carry?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 09:46:15 AM »
knight0334

I posted this just to show that this can happen ANYWHERE USA.

I've had to pull down twice in our rural area.  I am thankful that neither time, did I have to fire and shoot them.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Why carry?
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 04:27:47 PM »
Way to many nut cases out there.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Nuttinbutchunks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Why carry?
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 04:38:47 PM »
That's why even though I live in Lehi, UT, and it's pretty quiet, I carry. I don't hang around in bars though. And I think that's where a lot of trouble starts.
Ohhhh, I hate when that happens :eek:

Offline TOGO

• Avid Poster
Why carry?
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 08:02:52 PM »
This goes to show anyone that alcohol and firearms don't mix.

Offline Dusty Miller

Why carry?
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 09:26:43 PM »
Well, out here in the PRC we don't have problems like that 'cuz we juz call 911!!
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Why carry?
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 01:15:28 AM »
Quote from: Dusty Miller
Well, out here in the PRC we don't have problems like that 'cuz we juz call 911!!

Like that will stop a bullet.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
Why carry?
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 04:30:18 AM »
Quote from: The Montanan
knight0334

I posted this just to show that this can happen ANYWHERE USA.

I've had to pull down twice in our rural area.  I am thankful that neither time, did I have to fire and shoot them.

I agree, it can happen anywhere.  Thankfully I've never had to draw or even put my hand on my carry piece(s) her in this rural town.  

When I lived in Tampa, FL I had to draw twice.  Once when I was 13, some man of darker color broke into our utility room when I was out of school sick-Imet him at the interior door with dad's double Stevens 16ga shotgun.  The second time was in traffic at the intersection of 56th St and Hillsborough Ave, a man got out of a car and was trying to force his way into the car in front of him.  I was in the car behind him, jumped out and drew a bead on his center mass and told him to stop.  He did, the female driver in the car in front sped through the red light.  He and his driver took off too.

I gave a report to LEO's that had been called to the scene, car that the bad guys were driving was stolen.  The lady that they tried to car-jack never reported anything.  But enuff witnesses in traffic and at the gas station provided proof enuff of the attempt.
RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Why carry?
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 07:04:58 AM »
This sure can happen anywhere...Thankfully I do not hang outside bars anymore...There was a time once that I would be in that crowd.  Anyway, in NYS I couldn't carry my handgun into a bar so I wouldn't have it outside the bar either so in this case I could not have defended myself anyway.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense