Author Topic: Golf ball mortar contest Results  (Read 714 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Golf ball mortar contest Results
« on: September 17, 2005, 06:47:07 PM »
The contest rules say:

September 15th we will open a topic for discussion on categories for judging the entries. Once the categories are determined, we will open a separate topic for each category listing each entrant in a poll. The board members will then select the category winners.

Prize---Prestige

Well so we are a little late, but so what.

So the discussion begins.

What do you think of the entries in the golf ball mortar contest?

What catagories should we have?

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 09:29:21 PM »
Looks like we have four entries; three of whom completed the contest requirements and one who did not (the firing match.)  So unless we want to have a category for unfired mortars, that disqualifies the GGaskill entry.  Amongst the other three, there is an obvious division between freelance and model and another division between Union and Confederate.  It would not be unreasonable to have three one entry categories, which makes everyone a winner.  8) There also is the winner of the shooting match, so I guess the winner there wins the overall, two wins to one to none.

Cat Whispererhttp://www.hunt101.com/img/319518.JPG" width=270>http://www.fototime.com/%7BF99A8531-D3F0-4629-9AE8-FBDB71473EF1%7D/picture.JPG" width=270>Double D

CU_Cannonhttp://www.geocities.com/cu_cannon/other-mortars/comp-5.jpg" width=270>http://68.190.219.22:443/images/gbcoehorn.jpg" width=270>GGaskill
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 03:46:55 AM »
I think there is no contest for my claim (in the dirt-ball division) for the scruftiest looking mortar!
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 03:52:25 AM »
And the winner is........all of us!

14 mortar kits were sent out.  We had four people post finished products.   The four all came up with the same basic method of construction. Only the decoration was different.    I know from my email that others are building their own versions.  Best of all we proved they can shoot.

We  sparked an interest in building cannon among the followers here on GBO BM&C  and that is good for all of  use.  We all of use here on the board win!!!  Congratulations everyone!!!!

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 02:38:31 PM »
Great job on each entry.  And good pictures too and best of all, 75% of the pictures contained that empty powder can for scale.  Good going fellows. :D
Blaster (Bob in So. CO)
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 03:12:11 PM »
Quote from: blaster
Great job on each entry.  And good pictures too and best of all, 75% of the pictures contained that empty powder can for scale.  Good going fellows. :D
Blaster (Bob in So. CO)

Minor correction - 50% of the pictures showed an EMPTY powder can, mine (due to an oversight - read: stupidity) was about 75% full.
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)