Author Topic: Dude in the big brown truck came by with my barrels!!!  (Read 635 times)

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
Dude in the big brown truck came by with my barrels!!!
« on: September 16, 2005, 11:06:27 AM »
Yes!! The UPS guy came by with my barrels today  I missed him but I'll pick them up in a little bit at the depot. Now I have a .243, 500S&W, 410 and a .357mag that is about to become a 35remington all for one frame. Broken arm be darned I am gonna go shooting.

Offline .308

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Dude in the big brown truck came by with my
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 11:45:14 AM »
Outstanding. :toast:
Hmmm. Didn't know the 500 S&W was available on the barrel program, if y'all said something about it I either missed it or forgot about it (that's how it is when you have part-timers). :oops:

That has to be one bad boy.:biggun:

Now I'm wondering if they'll put one on my older NH receiver? Maybe I should give them a call. Imagine it with that Lee cast 440 grainer. :shock:

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 11:46:35 AM »
Sometimes I really love that guy in the brown truck!!!
 He brings me Jeep parts and gun stuff!!!

If you would, please post up how the 500 S&W does. I am one of those sorry souls still waiting for mine!!!

Deer season opened YESTERDAY!!!!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline R.W.Dale

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 04:20:46 PM »
I got all kinds of freebies from H&R they sent me a new forend screw for my survivor forend a standard forend screw with the 357 barrel an extra hammer extension even though my reciever already had one And 2 discount offers on my NRA membership renewal.. WAY TO GO H&R :grin:

Offline Mainer

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 02:06:58 AM »
Krochus:  I have two receivers I need to send to the factory for barrels, but I've been procrastinating because I'd have to have them shipped back to me at work.  In principle there's nothing wrong with doing that, but I'm afraid so anti-gun type could take issue and cause a headache for me.

Does the box the receiver and barrels come back in obviously look like it has a rifle in it or not?  Does the rifle come back with a barrel attached or broken down?
NRA Life Member

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 03:20:23 AM »
I the box is kinda odvious that there is a rifle inside.

Offline Mainer

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 03:45:12 AM »
Some anti-gun type will probably go into convulsions when the box arrives.  Oh, well, I can't keep everyone happy all the time.:D
NRA Life Member

Offline bajabill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 03:46:31 AM »
what day did you ship to HR, I think I remember I am a day or 2 behind you.

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 07:57:11 AM »
Quote from: bajabill

I shipped on 8/26/05

You need to check your invoice because H&R overcharged me $40 even though I sent in a promotinal flier they still charged me full price for the barrels and the fitting fee x2  witch was supposed to be free :x  I'm gonna get on the horn with CS and hopefullly they will straighten everything out.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 08:50:48 AM »
Quote from: Krochus
You need to check your invoice because H&R overcharged me $40 even though I sent in a promotinal flier they still charged me full price for the barrels and the fitting fee x2  witch was supposed to be free :x  I'm gonna get on the horn with CS and hopefullly they will straighten everything out.

Let us know if they do you right...I just shipped my SB2 Rifle Receiver in for a 7mm-08 barrel yesterday(9/16/05) and I used the discount flier.  Hopefully they hook me up right...I sent them a money order so if they want more money they will have to call me and I will set them straight.

Good luck with those new barrels...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline bajabill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 05:49:17 PM »
Quote from: Krochus
Quote from: bajabill

I shipped on 8/26/05

Im almost a week after you.  hope you get them straightened out before they mess up my billing also.  Good luck, they should take care of it.  Did you send in an original special order form.

Offline FirstFreedom

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 12:55:34 PM »
Say what?  I thought you had to send in your receiver; that you couldn't just buy barrels?  (sorry, still a noob to Handis)

Offline mattparliament

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 01:14:43 PM »
read the 5th bullet down on this page and check out the rest too, it may answer some other pending questions!
 :eek:
http://www.hr1871.com/barrelAcc/index.htm

:D
Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid.  ~John Wayne

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 02:05:12 PM »
Well I talked to CS yesterday and they said that they would credit my card the amount of the overcharge. And yes I did send my reciever in. :D

Offline FirstFreedom

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 04:01:19 AM »
read the 5th bullet down on this page and check out the rest too, it may answer some other pending questions!

I know; that's why I asked.  That info from H&R CREATES my question, not answers it.  How do you just get barrels shipped out to you, when they say that they do NOT do this?  Used ones only or what?

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 04:37:54 AM »
Quote from: FirstFreedom

I know; that's why I asked.  That info from H&R CREATES my question, not answers it.  How do you just get barrels shipped out to you, when they say that they do NOT do this?  Used ones only or what?

Where did you get the notion that only barrels were shipped to me? It's  clearly stated that the reciever was sent in also.