Author Topic: Grouse !!  (Read 498 times)

Offline ScatterGunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Grouse !!
« on: September 21, 2005, 05:30:09 PM »
grouse season opened on the 20th here in northern NY.

on opening day, stink and i went out for a lunch time walk and managed to flush one nice bird. i used a factory 'federal classic' load of 11/16 oz #7 1/2's and bagged him just after he launched. bbq'ed him for dinner and the wife even had a piece.

what a great way to start the bird season.

sg[/img]
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Grouse !!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 06:21:48 PM »
I have'nt started my hunting season yet. All I've done so far is turn down a ton of very generous invitations because I've had to work.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
Grouse !!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 11:54:12 AM »
Markus,
              You know what they say all work and no play ??????  See I'm learning this PFC life good.  Guess I'm gonna have to come up there and kidnap you so you can go hunting.    LOL

P.S.  If anyone doesn't know what PFC stands for send me a private message and I'll tell you.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline ScatterGunner

• Contributor
Grouse !!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 03:11:58 PM »
yeah geez, work can get in the way of things. i think daveh's "Intervention" is needed to get you at peace with the world, or at least with your PFC !!!  :-D

sg

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Grouse !!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 05:56:46 AM »
As long as the filthy stinking rich need tents and everything under them for their parties I'll be there to make that money. At least during my slow season ,which basically goes from November through March I can pretty much take off to hunt any time I want. At least my boss at work feels that way. The boss at home has other ideas some times. After I get the selling of my house and my dad's house and the building of my new house completed I'l have 200 acres for a back yard. It might be a few years but once al of that is done I'm gonna make up for lost time hunting.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline ScatterGunner

• Contributor
Grouse !!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 04:15:40 PM »
i'd have to say that is a plan. a 200 acre back yard to hunt in ? wow !, good for you, you are definitely doing the right thing !!!

sg