Author Topic: Rolling your own Slugs  (Read 530 times)

Offline Lost Okie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Rolling your own Slugs
« on: October 12, 2005, 02:54:24 PM »
Due to the cost of shotgun slugs, and my 20 USH liking the more expensive ones, I shopped around for slug molds and or sabots.  Sent an e-mail to Lyman customer service to ask which mold would work best for my rifled barrel.  Answer was "either one would work".  Anyone have experience with either one of their slug molds in a rifled barrel or a source for sabots ?

Offline tanoose

• A Real Regular
Rolling your own Slugs
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 02:02:18 AM »
I have not reloaded but with my new slug gun that likes the winchester supreme  at $13.00 a box of five i will be soon .Check out this website click on there catalog and on the left under reloading components click on slugs they have a few different types and i like the looks of the sabot slugs Later Tanoose   www.ballisticproducts.com

Offline jbtazgrabber

• Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
dd
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 07:11:29 PM »
the lyman slugs that look like large pellets <air rifle> are outstanding.......12/2o ga.i use 12 ga.in non rifled barrels and shoot good.....a friend shoots in his rifed barrel and outshoots factory ammo,without the kick........20 ga in a nef rifled barrel shots good to great with herco powder.....jb

Offline jbtazgrabber

• Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
rr
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 07:15:04 PM »
i forgot   to tell  you  they sell the slugs on e bay if you want to try before you buy a high doller mold.........ill sell some 12 ga.if you need??????????? sorry no 20 ga.........jb

Offline Lost Okie

• Avid Poster
Rolling your own Slugs
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 11:57:15 AM »
Tanoose, found that sight after posting.  Sabots in 20 offer an opportunity.  
jbtazgrabber thanks for the offer, but I need 20 ga slugs.  Will probably try the sabots after season.  Have been saving my hulls so I can reload.  Hunting buddy has a Mec with 20 ga hardware so the sabots will get a go.  Will have to check out e-bay for 20 ga slugs.  Again, thanks for the info.  Will keep you posted after season so we can all benefit.