Author Topic: In sleepy Lincoln, Mt who would have thought.....  (Read 614 times)

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
In sleepy Lincoln, Mt who would have thought.....
« on: November 06, 2005, 04:16:08 AM »
Glad I carry....

Missoulian News Link

Two men held in Lincoln shooting death
Posted on Nov. 5

By MARTIN J. KIDSTON
of the Helena Independent Record
HELENA - A newspaper carrier found a man shot to death outside his vehicle in Lincoln early Saturday morning, the victim of an apparent homicide.

Lewis and Clark County Sheriff Cheryl Liedle said details of the murder are still forthcoming and did not release the victim’s name.

“We currently have two individuals in custody at the Lewis and Clark County Detention Center in connection to this case,” Liedle said Saturday evening. “The investigation is still in progress.”

Liedle said the newspaper carrier discovered the man at around 2:45 a.m. Saturday while on his route.

“He came upon a vehicle in the middle of Hi Sign Road,” Liedle said, adding that the road is roughly three miles east of town. “He located an individual lying outside the vehicle, deceased.”

Liedle said the man had been shot once in the groin with a medium-caliber handgun. She said the shooting appears to have taken place at that location.

The body was taken to the State Crime Lab in Missoula for an autopsy.

Liedle said the two men being held in the shooting were taken into custody at around 10 a.m. Saturday.

Liedle said she expects to release more details Sunday.

Offline hogship

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
In sleepy Lincoln, Mt who would have though
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 09:08:42 AM »
I've been through Lincoln a few times and have thought it would be an ideal place to live.

Still do.

Not without my "piece" though.

hog
Great, great, great, great, great grandson of a Revolutionary War Veteran.

--> Bill of RIGHTS, not bill of NEEDS <--

Visit my photo album, Vietnam 1968-69 at: http://www.picturetrail.com/taipan22alpha