Author Topic: Light colored wood stock ?  (Read 528 times)

Offline GeorgiaDave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Light colored wood stock ?
« on: October 05, 2005, 06:09:26 AM »
Hello from Georgia,
   I was curious if anyone has or has seen a H&R shotgun with a "Blonde" stock. I am going to aquire one as soon as I can get by the guy's house who has it. He called and said that he was ready to get rid of it and gave me the first chance. I figure htat since it is in good condition it is worth the 40 bucks he is asking. It is the first one I have seen that is this color. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Dave
"Firepower is one carefully placed shot, just make sure that it leaves a big hole."

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 06:25:59 AM »
Hello Georgia Dave and welcome to GB Outdoors...

I have never seen a blonde stock from H&R or NEF but that is not to say that they have never manufactured one.  They seem to like that darker color stock on their guns.  

However, I have stripped a stock from my 10GA Turkey gun/12GA Ultra Slugger and refinished it a lighter color.  I don't know if it is technically a blonde color but it is a lot lighter than the stock color.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 07:14:05 AM »
I do have an early blonde Monte Carlo stock and forearm from H&R I aquired in a purchase/trade. I is missing the original recoil pad but is the original blonde color. Some were made years ago....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline oo_buck

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 08:25:33 AM »
My brother has an old 410 Topper with blonde stocks......
Pretty cool......

Offline Varminter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 12:01:23 PM »
I've only saw one. It was hanging in an army surplus store in town. It was a straight grip 410 youth. It looked good. I refinished the ones on my 22-250 to a blonde color. I did a sugar maple stain.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Offline Lost Okie

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 12:18:37 PM »
Its been several years since I have seen a light colored stock.  I refinished mine using Laurel Mountain stains.  Mixed their walnut with their cherry and came out with a dark cherry color...looks good.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 04:21:29 PM »
When I was a teenager I decided to refinish the stock on my 20ga topper deluxe model 192 and stripped the black off. I never got around to refinishing it and just left it that way. As time went by I decided I liked it that way and it was unique. When I finally found a replacement for it a year or so ago the 1st thing I did was strip the black off so it would looks just like my old one. It's funny that after all of the guns I've owned and handled in my life if someone says gun, that little single shot 20ga with the unfinished stock is the image that pops into my head.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun