Author Topic: S&W 59 vs Glock 40 cal  (Read 477 times)

Offline WThanel

• Trade Count: (0)
S&W 59 vs Glock 40 cal
« on: October 03, 2005, 12:51:49 PM »
Hi all,

When it rains it poors.  I am not really a handgun guy and when I lived in CA it was just plain too hard to get one, what with the tests, paperwork, waiting period, limited models, etc.  Now that I live in KS it is no problem.  I am a rifle/shotgun target shooter for the most part.

Recently I have had the opportunity to purchase two handguns.  A vintage S&W 59, nickel plated, 9mm with patent leather holster and patent leather mag belt holder rig in good shape.  This was a carry gun for a a railroad security guard.  I also have a chance to buy a high cap Glock in .40 cal for the same money with three extra mags.

I will not be carrying this rig.

Can the Glock be made to shoot accuately?

What is your opinion?

Thanks,

Bill T.

Offline Savage

S&W 59 vs Glock 40 cal
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 05:00:35 PM »
Buy the one that appeals to you the most! If you don't intend to carry them, that's all that matters. To answer your question, yes, the Glock is quite accurate as is. I'm not a fan of the .40 cal, but I own a few of the 9mms and .45s. By the way, the Smith 39/59s are no tack drivers either.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
S&W 59 vs Glock 40 cal
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 01:52:16 AM »
Neither.
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.