Author Topic: Give me one piece of advice for a "New Rifle Hunter&quo  (Read 387 times)

Offline mag41vance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Give me one piece of advice for a "New Rifle Hunter&quo
« on: October 08, 2005, 03:52:11 PM »
I'm trying to put together a pamphlet for getting a "new rifle hunter" started in the right direction with the purpose of keeping things simple.
  I would like everyones help; this is a nonprofit endeavor.

Lets see I'll start with this:

1.) Take a Hunter safety course in your local area.
no x now!

Offline FWiedner

• Trade Count: (0)
Give me one piece of advice for a "New
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 04:00:55 PM »
Learn about the firearm you intend to hunt with.  What kind of ammunition it uses, what game it is appropriate for use upon, how it functions, what it's component parts are, and what they are used for.

Spend time improving your marksmanship skills with that firearm prior to opening day.

Study the type of game you intend to hunt.  Learn about it's biology, it's habitats and behaviors.  Become familiar with the most effective body target areas that will produce quick and humane kills.

Study woodcraft.  Know how to navigate in the woods.  Visit and scout the area you intend to hunt in.  Learn about the flora, other fauna, and the terrain.

:-)
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
Give me one piece of advice for a "New
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 01:49:18 AM »
Top two:  Learn the firearm safety code and join the NRA.