Author Topic: Cord wood prices?  (Read 1298 times)

TM7

Cord wood prices?
« on: September 12, 2005, 03:18:36 PM »
So, what is the price of a cord of fire wood in your area this year?

................TM7

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Cord wood prices?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 03:54:51 PM »
Firewood around here is sold by the rick, right now it's $30, you pick it up yourself. A rick is 4 ft high, 8 ft long, and as wide as a stick of wood. In the winter it will be $40+ to have it delivered, some chg $50 and up. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
Cord wood prices?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 04:28:25 PM »
Last I was selling it I got $150 a cord delivered & dumped. Not sure what it goes for now but likely its the same. Thats in CT.
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
Cord wood prices?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 06:22:38 PM »
In KS you can find a cord of good hardwood for 120-150 depending on delivery and stacking options.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Cord wood prices?
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 02:35:51 AM »
powderman - in this neck of the woods, a face cord or 1/3 of a full stacked cord costs 'twixt $125 and $150 delivered (dumped).  It will probably cost more with the price of gas as high as it is.  Mikey.

Offline rockbilly

Cord wood prices?
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 06:23:36 AM »
8) Don't know about your area, but here in West Texas the price of a cord of wood is based on the type of wood.  Mesquite, a hardwood, is plentiful, it normally sells for 70-100 a cord depending on location.  Every farmer/rancher begs people to come to their place and cut all they want.  Oak is a little more costly, it can range from 150-225 a cord, here again that depends if you are in Abilene or Dallas.  Mixed, pecan, walnut, mulberry, oak and mesquite, about 75 a cord.

Offline NYH1

Cord wood prices?
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 11:24:29 AM »
I haven't bought firewood in about five years, been cutting and splitting my own, I actually enjoy doing it. The last time I bought a "face cord" it was $45. Like Mikey said a "face cord" of firewood is 4 ft. x 8 ft. x one row. A "cord" is 4 ft. x 8 ft. x three rows. Here in Central New York a "face cord" go's anywhere from $45 to $75 dollars last I saw and most of the time it's not even seasoned. :shock:
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Jeffery8mm

• Trade Count: (59)
  • A Real Regular
Cord wood prices?
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 01:00:44 PM »
Firewood in Newton Ms is FREE this year, thanks to Katrina.  Its everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With proper care and maintenance the human body will last a lifetime! :)

Offline Qtip

• Avid Poster
Cord wood prices?
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 01:32:05 PM »
My supplier is a young guy and he is great. $40 a 3/4 ton pick-up load. Load is always over a face cord. seasoned,cut,split, and delivered. Price has been the same for four years. We heat our home with one good woodstove w/gas furnace for backup. This year it will cost about $480.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!
To God Alone Be The Glory!

Offline winman

• Avid Poster
Cord wood prices?
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 09:15:33 AM »
An old thread resurrected -  we live in a ranch style house with a walk out  basement (mostly exposed), and a wood burning stove downstairs.  I can remember burning 15 ricks of firewood each year to heat our house (at about 30 - 35 dollars a rick).  While we were doing this our heating bills were outrageous, but we thought we were saving money.  

Now we have free access to all the firewood we want (bought some acreage with lots of woods on it).  There are always trees down that need to be cleaned up.

The heat generated by our wood burning stove stays downstairs and never seems to find its way to our living area.  We have three bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, and a dining room on the main floor, and a family room, den, bedroom, utility room, and workshop downstairs.  

We have a heat distribution problem.  Running the wood burning stove just seems to suck the heat out of our house, and actually seems to increase our heat bill.  

Anybody need some firewood?  Cheap?

I keep a few ricks on the patio in case of a power outage, but honestly don't think it's in my best interest to burn wood as my major heat source.

Offline spraynpray

Cord wood prices?
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 04:34:24 PM »
We are selling a cord for $150 around here....
Happiness is a warm CETME.

Your deer rifle will never be banned... they will call it a terrorists sniper rifle first.

CETME owners group #164
http://members.createforum.net/index.php?mforum=entertainmentce

Offline IntrepidWizard

Cord wood prices?
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 04:45:50 PM »
Our only source of heat for3240 sg ft is a our wood stove and I have cut,fallen,limbed, bucked,hauled,split stacked 7.5[4x4x8]cords of oak and now I am at the Pine and still have Oak down to bring up.A wood splitter deserves every dime he gets and I don't know how many more years I can do it.I also give wood to Widows and it is selling for 250 bucks delivered.I use three stihls ,two PU's,come alongs,Mauls ,wedges ,helmets injuries ,Cants,Timber Cants ,Wenches and on and on.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline Num_1_Dad

• http://www.tuxrules.com/penguin
Cord wood prices?
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 11:18:58 PM »
A face cord of hardwood is going around $50.00 delivered. I got kinda lucky as the first week of September we had a tornado go thru about a mile from my house and leveled a few hundred trees, of which I found an area approx. 100 yards wide and 300 yards long of nothing but oak. It's green, but I ended up with approx. 35 face cord, and my neighbor got around 8 face cord and there is still at least 15 face cord to be cut yet, which I'll get in the spring. I should have enough wood for 3 or 4 years.
Visit my forum at www.tuxrules.com/penguin to get the latest php forum board's with built in MOD's!
Or my forum www.tuxrules.com/discussion