Author Topic: new pardner pump  (Read 1866 times)

Offline buckbeast

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
new pardner pump
« on: March 23, 2004, 04:00:59 AM »
NEF is making a new pump action pardner. I'm not sure what I think of this. What are your thoughts?

http://www.hr1871.com/firearms/index.php?cat=3&subcat=37
Just a country boy from the mountains of PA

Offline turkeyhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
new pardner pump
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 04:31:42 AM »
There was alot of talk about this gun on the old site.  I have seen this gun and to tell you the truth it feels like a piece of junk.  :(  

If you are interested in a pump in its price range I would look at the Mossberg Maverick.  Decent gun for the money.
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
new pardner pump
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 06:57:17 AM »
I agree with trkyhunter.

Stick with the American made Mossberg or Remington Express.  I love my NEF's but won't buy one of their Chinese guns.

Its kind of funny.  Take a look at the new catalog.  It says all through the catalog the guns are "Made in America".  Then it gets to the page with the Pardner Pump.  Look at the photo with the close up of the trigger assembly.  It says big as Dallas "Made in China".  :cry:
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
Re: new pardner pump
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 06:58:14 AM »
Quote from: buckbeast
NEF is making a new pump action pardner. I'm not sure what I think of this. What are your thoughts?

http://www.hr1871.com/firearms/index.php?cat=3&subcat=37

buckbeast,

I had written out a long response and it got lost somehow. I don't have the time to rewrite it all, but you will get the jist of how I feel.

The Pardner Pump is IMPORTED, MADE IN CHINA! I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I have seen this tactic before, many times and I smell a rat! First a company will start importing part of their product, to test the waters, if nobody speaks up and you buy that product, you are telling them that it is OK to import all of their product. Now, I am NOT saying that this is H&R/NEF's intention at all. I know other American companies import part of their line and have for years.

I have written H&R/NEF and have voiced my opinion on making their guns right here in AMERICA. If you like your JOB, I suggest you do the same. I am just sick and tired of seeing AMERICAN JOBS "Farmed Out" to Mexico and China. If we don't protect our own JOBS, who will?  :bye:
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline buckbeast

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
new pardner pump
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 08:32:25 AM »
I have no intentions of buying one of these guns. I never have. What I meant, and maybe I should have been more clear about, is what do you think of NEF making another line of guns other than the traditional single-shots that we have all grown to love?
Just a country boy from the mountains of PA

Offline blckpwdrshootr50

new pardner pump
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 09:36:20 AM »
Well, the guns are ugly looking, cheap-made, and imported from china. my buddy bought one but i havent got to shoot it. he says its an average gun, nothing special, but i wouldnt trust one of those to reliably function until they've been oout a while and i get more feedback on them. i guess it allready jammed on him twice. my pump hasn't ever done that to me, but maybe it just his ejector. whatever you do, don't buy one, or at least not now. if you do end up buying one, get feedback from other people who own them, not us guys. most of us haven't even handled them, like myself. As for how i feel on H&R making their own semi-autos and pumps, i think this is great, they can easily expand their facilities by marketing QUALITY guns, such as their .22 semi. They're affordable, and hopefully will all be american made.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
new pardner pump
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 10:32:28 AM »
I thought I read the .22 semi-autos were made in the Philippines?....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline blckpwdrshootr50

new pardner pump
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 12:39:27 PM »
I didnt say american made, I said quality... i read a review on it, accurate, cheap, and well made. I dint know it was made foregin though...

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
new pardner pump
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 02:35:50 PM »
I Know the .22 is imported but I can't remember from where.I think the company that makes it is Squire? The worst part of the whole thing to me is the usng of the Pardner name and how the made in china part not found in the literature or on the website. It just seems like sleazy marketing. I was disapointed in the way they handled it. Pardner is the name of an American gun. Made in U.S.A. plastered all over. If they were not ashamed of the origion of the pump they would have put a big made in china next to it in the catalog.I've seen a couple on auction sites that omit the origion as well. Buy an 870 if you want a pump. They're relatvely inexpensive durable and have a ton of barrel options and as well as more aftermarket accessories than any other shotgun.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Rogmatt

• Contributor
new pardner pump
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 02:22:29 AM »
I preached several sermons on this issue on the old site & here is a re-cap.

The Pardner Pump is made in China and imported from the Hawk Group. The Hawk Group is associated with the manufacturer of the Pardner Pump, Norinco. Norinco is owned by the Chinese military and uses its profits to fund the Chinese military with hightech weapons. The Chinese have joked in the past that they have Nuclear weapons pointed at New York and coastal California and could blow them into the sea at any time. Norinco copied the design from the Remington 870. Not sure yet if 870 parts will interchange with it. We should find out soon enough. Pardner Pump is shipped here via COSCO (China Ocean Shipping Company) shipping company owned by the chinese military to fund weapons. You can't see a train go by in any given town in America without seeing crate after crate labeled with COSCO.  The Pardner Pump seems to look good, is selling for 150.00 to 175.00, reliability is too soon to tell. Mossberg Maverick 88 can be bought at Wally World for 159.00 and 139.00 at Academy Sports.
I believe the Pardner Pump backlash had a part in the old site being shut down as H&R did not want it demonized on it's own site & hurt sales.
I don't have a big problem with Russian, Italian, I even have several Brazilian made. these countries are our friends, but I draw the line supporting Communist China as they are committed to replacing the US as the worlds superpower.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
new pardner pump
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2004, 03:04:29 AM »
Kudos to you Rogmatt, and thanks for the information. We should all learn the info you have given us and pass it on to our shooting buddies. We should also have it printed up and posted in all the sporting goods stores and sportsmans clubs that will have it!!!....<><.... :grin:  (That link to the chinese military really gets me!!)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
new pardner pump
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2004, 05:15:53 AM »
Thanks Rogmatt,

I was hoping you would chime in, I don't know why H&R/NEF/Marlin would ever get themselves in this mess in the first place. I really don't think they will get much of the "Pump" market share anyway, they must be getting those pumps for peanuts to go deal with the Chinese Military! I hope that everyone sends a clear message that we don't want a NEF pump that bad. I just hope that they don't plan on importing anything else from them.

I have also heard that the .22 Sportster SL is imported from Squire in the philippines and was wearing the Charles Daly label up until last year.

Thanks again Rogmatt for giving us the whole story!
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
new pardner pump
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2004, 08:57:00 AM »
" AMERICAN MADE " HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and just like on the old site i will stand strong about this misleading junk H&R puts in the catalog. yes the pump, and the new semi auto 22 are imports. it was a very sad day when MARLIN/H&R/NEF put themselves on par with companys like norinco. a day i thought i would never see, but i guess i was wrong.  if you want a good pump buy a mossberg, if you want a great pump buy a remington 870. a little more money, but about the best pump out there for the money.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline BattleRifleG3

• A Real Regular
new pardner pump
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 04:00:06 AM »
From what I understand, chokes are Mossberg interchangeable, not Remington.  Mag tube is not the same length as Remington, but folks have used Remington mag caps successfully.  I don't know about anything else.  I don't even know this for a fact, just what the gander mountain folks have told me at times.
Moderator at www.gunandgame.com