Author Topic: Locating a hunting partner  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Locating a hunting partner
« on: September 07, 2006, 03:04:26 PM »
I am glad I found this locate a huntin partner thread. About 5 years ago me and Elmer Bigbottom went deer huntin in the Kiamichi Mountains in our home state of Oklahoma. When I went back to the truck to go home, Elmer was not there. I waited around the truck for him until I ran out of peanut butter and sardines (4 days) and he never showed. When I finally got home I called his wife and told her. She said not to worry about it. Well, it's almost deer season again, and I'm tired of huntin by myself so, I would like to ask. Has any body seen Elmer? I can't find him and his wife says she's too busy to help look.
Signed,
Frsested, Fueussed, Frusedeted, Dang it I can't spell that.
Helppppppppppp! :(
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Lives2hunt

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Locating a hunting partner
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 04:48:41 PM »
Well Elmer must not have known you had supper waiting for him. I'll take my peanut butter on pancakes, sealed in a sandwich bag to go please. Plenty of protein, fat and carbs & very good but they do require plenty of H2O. 

Do you ever see any hogs in the area you hunt? I took a nice 180lb sow last year when blackpowder hunting at Eufaula.  I'm getting ready for bowseason (have a bad shoulder, too many years shooting magnums you see, so my Dr. says I get to use a crossbow now.  I have a high dollar High Country bow which I would rather shoot but my shoulder kills me after just a couple shots & I do love to shoot. Oh well at least I get to hunt so I shouldn't complain right?
Will hunt for food.

Offline Dee

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 01:57:25 AM »
Yea, I killed a boar that weighed about 325 last year. Shot him with an ar while he was sleeping under a cedar. We have quite a few down here. Problem is lots of Dallas people moving in and they want to protect them and the coyotes.

Offline Lives2hunt

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 02:37:55 AM »
Yikes, thats a HUGE hog! Wasn't it fun dragging him to your vehicle. On my last sow, I cut off her head to reduce the weight a little as it was almost dark when I shot her & I needed to make tracks to carry my gear back to the SUV then back to her. I got a game cart now so that will help next time. If you are ever around the Tulsa area let me know and maybe we can do some hunting or shooting. Alan
Will hunt for food.

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 03:05:42 PM »
Yikes, thats a HUGE hog! Wasn't it fun dragging him to your vehicle. On my last sow, I cut off her head to reduce the weight a little as it was almost dark when I shot her & I needed to make tracks to carry my gear back to the SUV then back to her. I got a game cart now so that will help next time. If you are ever around the Tulsa area let me know and maybe we can do some hunting or shooting. Alan
I used to come to Tulsa twice a week but, sold that business about 4 months ago. I have a lot of family in Claremore, so maybe next time I get up there I can call you and we can hook up for a hunt or just tell a few lies.

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 08:20:06 AM »
I don't know if his name was Elmer but we saw a guy from Broken Bow lost in the Nat'l forest in Colo. where we were hunting.   We were driving down the FS road and here lies this guy under a tree propped up on one elbow.  We waved and he waved so we figured he was just resting, or waiting for a ride.   Later that day when we were heading back to camp another guy from OK stopped us and asked if we had seen a lost hunter that looked like he swallowed a shetland pony.  We knew immediately who he was looking for and directed him to the location.  The good news is he found his buddy but it seems the lost guy lost his billfold and he had all of his party's traveling money in it.    We decided he may have not been lost but only trying to think up a reason not to go back to camp.  Maybe Elmer has a good reason to make himself scarce too.
jim

Offline Dee

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 02:22:45 PM »
I'll bet that was him. I want my .87 cents back.

Offline backstrap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 04:51:12 AM »
dee have u ever been to the wichita moutains to hunt elk i am a fellow OKEEE i live in north central part of the state
1 shot 1 kill

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 01:10:37 PM »
Backstrap, I live in Texas. All of my family live in Claremore and Talequah (we're Cherokee). I enjoy going up north of Beaver's Bend and like the Kaimichi Mts. But I have never lived in OK. I was just pulling everyones leg. Sorry,