Author Topic: Bushnell Spotting Scope  (Read 426 times)

Offline Dave of Maine

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell Spotting Scope
« on: November 05, 2005, 11:04:01 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm new, this is my first post. I've been reading the forums for well over 2 yrs. and leanred alot totally enjoy the site. Great people and valueable info. I hope some one can give me some of their knowledge. I've been looking for a spotting scope for quite awhile and just couldn't make a decission. Last week at a friends gunshop, he went out back and brought out a "new" Bushnell 15-45X60 Extra Wide. I'never heard of that line. he didn't know much either.just that he's had it for a long time (forgot he even had it)still in the packageing and box,said he knows he has the paperwork that came but couldn't locate, but will I took it outside and cheched it out quickly. Optics  were great, clairity, resolution, brightness perfect. the box says FOV is 87' at 1000yrds max power, fairly large. I asked about price He said if he could remember right originally it was between 500-600$ Because I've done business with him for 10 yrs he'd let me have it for $180.
 I can't find anything about it at all on the net or people I've talked to. I do believe it is is a Bushnell it must be a old discontinued modle. I really don't think he'd rip me, he said if I didn't like it I could bring it back. So I bought it.
 does anyone know specs or reputation of this line. So far I'm pleased with performance, but on the other hand I don't want a "pig in a dress"

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Bushnell Spotting Scope
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline coyote 2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/schwager/
Bushnell Spotting Scope
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 05:30:22 AM »
Not sure of that model - but as far as I am concerened Bushnell makes one of the best spotting scopes around. Mine is a Bushnell spacemaster (15X) fixed and it is well over 20 years old and preforms as well now as the day I bought it - and it has been places I never want to go back too...
Don't cry because its over - Smile because it happened!