Author Topic: New Style Nikon Buckmaster  (Read 676 times)

Offline pmang

• Trade Count: (0)
New Style Nikon Buckmaster
« on: October 16, 2005, 05:46:37 PM »
I was in a store today checking out the latest hunting gear for the new season and came across the "New Style" Nikon Buckmaster 3-9X scopes.

I looked through the old and new style side-by-side and I could tell a difference. The new style seemed to have alot better eye relief and way better edge-to-edge clarity.

Has anyone had the opportunity to give a review on this new scope? I would be very interested in other opinions. Also I am curious how you think it would compare to a Burris FFII 3-9X.

Thanks!

Offline pmang

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 11:57:02 AM »
C'mon, hasnt anyone seen these. Dont have lockjaw repond!!!!!

Offline fj40

buckmaster
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 09:33:03 AM »
Hello everyone. I have been watching the site for a while now and finally decided to add my 2 cents.  I recently had a chance to compare the ffII, vx-I, elite 3200, and the new buckmaster.  The vx-I was most obviously out of its class.  The ffII looked a little "yellow" to me.  I was a little disappointed after all of the good reviews that I had read on it.  Maybe it was just the one I looked at.  The elite 3200 and the buckmaster were a virtual tie.  The elite has rainguard, but the buckmaster was slightly clearer around the edge.  The deciding factor was that I needed it right away for an upcoming antelope hunt, and they didn't have the elite in the finish that I wanted.  I took buckmaster home, and couldn't be happier.  It sighted in nicely, held its zero well, and worked wonderfully on my hunt.

Offline pmang

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 06:06:17 PM »
How was the eye relief on all of these scopes you sampled?

Offline fj40

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 08:12:26 PM »
I would say that the ffII had the most eye relief at the lowest magnification, but it also had the least at the highest setting.  The buckmaster and the elite were basically equal, and neither of them change with magnification.  I did not actually measure anything, but I would guess that they are all with in a half an inch of each other.