Author Topic: Does It Become Second Nature?  (Read 1896 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Does It Become Second Nature?
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2005, 10:53:10 PM »
My wife, the Hen, gets a little upset/concerned/ confused sometimes when I carry. I have always figgered that was a feeling she would have to deal with and have never listened to her.
I think, me think, just me think that I have the right, and to some degree the obligation, to have a means of protection with me. I do not feel guilty, I do not feel as though I am paranoid or strange/different/second class/weak/unmanly or any word that would describe a person as less than/other than normal in any society.
A weapon feels as natural as a knife in my pocket, money clip, hankerchief or ball cap on my head.
The onliest thing that I carry that feels unnatural to me is---my putter.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2005, 09:42:02 AM »
I have got to say that I can count the days on one hand that I HAVE NOT carried in the last 25 years.  And three of those days, my routine got interupped and I missed putting on my handgun.  I did have my holster on though and thought I had my handgun until I checked.  My wife now has her permit and is now begining to carry most all the time.  If anyone asks her why, she just says 'Because I can!'  When ever someone tells me they have a permit but do not carry every day, I tell them about the young woman in Libby's resturant many years ago.  She had a permit to carry and left her gun in her car.  Then she watched helpless as a gunman killed her parents along with several other people.  That would be pretty hard to live with.  Knowing you had the means of protecting someone you love, and chose not to exercise it.  From the moment I get dressed in the morning, until I undress at bedtime, this gun is with me, period!  And during the night, it is within reach.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline sherpa

WHEN TO CARRY
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2005, 04:25:58 PM »
i now have at least one at all times, one in the chamber. no reason not to..
IF I HAD KNOWN I WAS GOING TO LIVE THIS LONG I WOULD HAVE TAKEN BETTER CARE OF MYSELF.

Offline Tn Jim

• A Real Regular
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2005, 03:03:07 PM »
Volshooter that makes two in East Tenn. that do exactly the same thing.
Not all Muslims are terrorist, but oddly enough, all terrorist are Muslims.

Offline jimster

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2005, 12:19:38 AM »
I carry every day, everywhere....except where the permit says I can't (example, hospital, inside a school building ect..)...and if I have to go in a hospital, I lock her up good in my car/truck.
I don't feel right without a gun on me or close by, but I'm not paranoid at all, just figure if I ever need it I'll have it, and as stated above, if I ever needed it and didn't have it, I'd probably never forgive myself.
I see William mentioned his wife gets a little upset/concerned...ect when he carries...My wife at first if she knew I was carrying was not upset, but sometimes would ask "geezzz..do ya need that, we are just going to Meijer"...but that was long ago...and since those times, I have learned that it's best if nobody knows I'm packing, including my wife. I figure if a guy can pack a pistol without his wife knowing or noticing, your doing a real good job concealing it...nothing gets past my wife, so that is my test to see if it's REALLY concealed properly! (she doesn't grab me all over like she used to, so she won't feel it most times either!)...

Jimster

Offline Bubba w/a 45/70

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2005, 03:20:55 PM »
I carry simply because one of my guns fits on my body somewhere everyday.  They go with me like my underwear goes with me.  

It is pretty simple, no?
"I SHOOT BACK!"     Uncle Ted

Offline Dana C

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2005, 05:09:25 PM »
I have had my concealed carry card in Idaho for about 6 weeks now.  I don't always carry but when I do, I prefer a cross draw on my belt.  I have "small of the back" but it sort of makes my pants sag and while comfortable , makes my britches want to come off.

Yes, even with limited carry, you do get very used to it.  You do have to be aware however, if you are carrying concealed that your side arm remains concealed.  In other words, know if your jacket has ridden up over your holster etc.  I carry a Para Ord, 6.45LDA Carry, .45ACP which is just the right size for me at least.
Dana
45-70, (a couple)
45-90 C Sharps, 2 Puma's 44 Mag. & .357
92' Orginal Winchester & 1894 Marlin 25.20
Model 24 Win. 20G, Eclipse 12G BP,
45-120 Meacham High Wall & 50-100 1872 Rem. Rolling Block
Rem. Custom Shop .375 H&H & .458 Lott Ruger #1

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2005, 08:30:18 AM »
Jimster, too bad she does not grab you anymore!  My wife will sometimes check me over and say 'that shirt is too tight' and I know exactally what she means.  (that the gun is printing)  Or I will be dressed differently from usual and I will ask her, 'Am I ok?'  She's really a lot of help.  She used to ask why, but now she enjoys the comfort of knowing she will be protected!  Even our children didn't know I carried until they were middle teens, although they had always been told that Dad could protect them.  Good luck getting her to grab you more often.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!