Author Topic: shotgun barrel and rifle foren???  (Read 325 times)

Offline Mike357mag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
shotgun barrel and rifle foren???
« on: November 03, 2005, 09:37:29 AM »
I have one of the 280 rocky mountain elk foundation rifle with the laminated stock, I have used this for hunting almost exclusively since 1995.  I would like to get a 12 barrel (smooth bore) for it will they have to modify the forend or will I need a different forend( one for each barrel)  the rifle forend looks like it might be to small I'm not sure.  Any body know?

Thanks Mike

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 09:48:22 AM »
They (the factory) will not modify your forearm while it is there for a new barrel. I think the forearm from a .280 will fit on a 12 gauge barrel. I use a 12 gauge forearm on my .280 barrel with no problems. If you wanted, a new or even better, a used 12 gauge shotgun forearm is not very expensive. Perhaps you might consider removing your stocks and keeping them at home if you send the receiver in to have a shotgun barrel fitted. There is an ongoing problem with stocks getting dinged up, and some pretty badly, when they are sent in to the factory. Better still, buy a used 12 gauge barrel and fit it yourself, chances are pretty good it might fit anyway. If your in the New England area stop by Cape Cod and I'll try to help you fit it....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 12:21:38 PM »
the rifle forarms will fit all the shotgun barrels except the 20ga ultraslug,12ga ultraslug and the 10ga barrels :mrgreen:

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 02:20:31 PM »
The one from my .223 bull barrel fits my 20 ga. barrel like a glove it that helps any  :grin:
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped