Author Topic: my first deer ever  (Read 680 times)

Offline C.J

• Trade Count: (0)
my first deer ever
« on: October 24, 2005, 02:54:05 PM »
went out crossbow hunting this morning and arrowed my first deer ever at about 8yds i have been hunting for 3 years now by myself and i have done everything on my own knowone to show me, from setting up the stand to butchering it i did it what an experiance. anyway i knew i hit it good followed the blood trail for about 100yds flag taping the way as i trailed it and there it was 8 pointer im thinking between 150-200 pounds took me all day to get it out (quartered it) all in all it was a great hunt and great experiance

Offline 32WINSPL

my first deer ever
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 03:17:42 PM »
Congratulations C.J.!                                                                             Man you must be feeling good and you should. Your sense of achievement must be high and deservedly so. I give you high praise.........I am in my third year of learning myself and have yet to connect so I can understand how you might feel. High fiver to you bro and I am sure you will savour every morsel of you fine prize. 8 point buck to boot. Nothing but good feelings for you.................................................................................... Hey...what province? I'm in Grey County, Ontario myself.

Offline mrlizzzard

• Avid Poster
my first deer ever
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 04:53:07 PM »
Just like being there.Your post was very exciting.My deer are not getting close so far. :D congrats!

Offline Buckfever

• A Real Regular
C. J.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 03:16:19 AM »
You will never forget that first buck!!!  Also know that the boys know you can find and shoot deer especially a nice buck you will become popular in the  hunting circles.  Maybe a nephew or niece or other friend will want to share your success and go hunting.  Sometimes doing it alone is the best feeling.  Hell, the mountian men lived their whole life that way!!
Buckfever

Offline justannie2

• BKC Calls
my first deer ever
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 03:23:06 AM »
Congrats on your first deer C.J.! You'll never forget it   :-)

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
my first deer ever
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 03:28:20 AM »
Congratulations on your first.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline C.J

my first deer ever
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 10:00:56 AM »
thanks everyone your right i dont think i will forget it and hang in there 32 win you'll get one. i live just east of cobourg ontario

Offline High Brass

• Contributor
my first deer ever
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 03:17:35 PM »
Congratulations on your first deer!  Thanks for sharing that here.